RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Kummant interview, New York Observer 8/13/08 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Kummant interview, New York Observer 8/13/08
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Eminent domain for one.....Power to tax is a powerful tool. We tax individuals and corporations to bend them to the will of government all the time. If they chose to thumb there noses at the concenpt of greater public good, they are taxed into comformity......The real question is WHO in Washington has the intestinal fortitude to stand up to the corporations like UP and CSX?

Patrick

Patrick, I hope you have a few issues in mind other than failure by the Class I industry to openly embrace the operation of additional passenger trains over their lines (not that I personally "buy into" such, but how about discriminatory rates towards small shippers?), to support your position that their rights of way be seized, through confiscatory taxation, "in the public interest'.
Posts: 9977 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page