RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Trains and the RNC

Author Topic: Trains and the RNC
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somehow I doubt if there will be too many postings to this topic, but if others were watching the Palin acceptance speech CSPAN (I watched it on NBC for the Hi-Def, but switched to CSPAN afterwards to save inundation from the talking heads), there is a McCain "C&W" (boy, doesn't C&W sound just like "rock' nowadays?) campaign song that was performed after the speech was completed in which there was a line of lyrics to the effect of 'get on the train'.

Otherwise, I'd expect 'train' to be mentioned about the same number of times that there were RNC delegates using the Empire Builder for transport to the soiree.

Unless a miracle occurs in the remaining "61 and a wake up', here is the most suitable McCain campaign song out there;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7ChoM2Rh60&feature=related

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dnsommer
Member # 2825

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dnsommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice video! Great Photos! Ironic song!

Thanks for sharing this video!

-Dave S

--------------------
I believe in something. I believe I'll take the train.

Posts: 284 | From: Ithaca, NY USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see this thread until just now.......but I also watched the convention speeches (Dem and Repub) on NBC in order to get the Hi-Def picture. Once the speeches were over, I changed back to my non-HD favorite cable news channel.

It was kinda cool watching the DNC coverage on NBC with the choo-choo's in the background at the Denver Amtrak station.

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page