RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Happy hols . . .

Author Topic: Happy hols . . .
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Joyous Pagan Winter Solstice to everyone, and may you all get home safely without freight trains and frozen switches delaying you too much.
Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same to you and yours, Henry. And to all a happy, healthy, and above all peaceful new year.
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen W
Member # 6059

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From East Anglia I send Season's Greetings coupled with best wishes for a joyful holiday to my rail "friends" everywhere. Let us hope that 2009 turns out to be a better year than 2008.
Posts: 211 | From: Norfolk England | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas, everyone. From Las Vegas, Nevada!! [Smile]
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Holidays to all, and may all your signals be clear with no defects at every milepost!
Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy McFarland
Member # 4435

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy McFarland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if anyone would like a White Christmas, they are welcome to my backyard! No need to go to Montana to snowshoe this Christmas - we can use the snowshoes to get to the mailbox.

--------------------
My new "default" station (EKH) has no baggage service or QuikTrak machine, but the parking is free! And the NY Central RR Museum is just across the tracks (but not open at Amtrak train times. . ..)

Posts: 337 | From: Goshen, IN | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone have a Merry Christmas and joyous new year. I definitely do not want to go to Montana for a white Christmas..I spent 2 Christmas's there at 40 below.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might be fun if we all went to Essex, Montana, and whooped it up at the Izaak Walton Inn for Christmas. With luck we might even get stuck there for a couple of extra days.
Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RR4me
Member # 6052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RR4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Holidays to all. I would like to go to the Isaac Walton Inn one Christmas. Snow for us is something we visit for playtime, then go home [Smile] (But maybe not on our timeframe....)
Posts: 406 | From: La Grange, CA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foamers all stuck at the Izaak Walton Inn? Uh-oh...I don't know what would be worse...foamer stories or fish stories!
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I'm a day late, but happy holidays to everyone and have a GREAT new year, full of wonderful train-riding experiences!!!!!
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CG96
Member # 1408

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for CG96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Judy McFarland:
And if anyone would like a White Christmas, they are welcome to my backyard! No need to go to Montana to snowshoe this Christmas - we can use the snowshoes to get to the mailbox.

I used to live in Wisc. There was a white Christmas here in MN, too. I'll be getting out the snowshoes and the Sorel boots, just to go to the store. Then again, that does not bother al that much. [Smile] Here's hoping that everyone reading this enjoyed the holidays they chose to celebrate.

--------------------
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one corner of the Earth all one's life."

Posts: 506 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a day late too, but a Very Merry Christmas & to you all! And Happy Hanukah, Joyous Kwanzaa, Festive Hogmanay, or whatever else you may celebrate. May all your Sojourns be Jolly . . . . and here's hoping 2009 is a lot better than is being predicted and these trying financial times end very very soon. . . .

all over the world . . .

Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Day late also...but still Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Festive Kwanzaa,and just Happy Holidays to all the Amtrak forum members. Most importantly good health and cheer to all of you!
Regards, Fred

Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeeCT
Member # 3241

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeeCT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Holidays !!

Dee
(Procrastinators Club Member in Good Standing)

Posts: 460 | From: North Central CT | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Dee: As another member of the club: Unfortunately the Procrastinators' Club never got around to writing any bylaaws, expcept one: Anyone arriving at a meeting on time would be summarily expelled. Unfortunately no one would be around to check for early or on-time arrivals.

George

Posts: 2810 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holiday Wishes to all as well. Soon I hope to post a brief report on taking me three year-old daughter on her first Amtrak ride last Sunday.

Good times.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page