RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » CZ running?

Author Topic: CZ running?
sutton
Member # 1612

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm supposed to take the Zephyr on Friday from Chi to Omaha. I noted at amtrak.com that it was running but very late. I'm worried that thee are flooding issues in Iowa. IS this so? Are all the trains running now out of Chicago? Thanks.
Posts: 171 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a meyer
Member # 4954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for a meyer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was to take the Empire Builder out of Chicago on Monday, but it was cancelled. Apparently the #8 which was to arrive in Chicago on the 28th was 22+ hours late due to the weather in the northwest.

When I was at Union Station on Monday, I noticed the Zeyphyr was to depart a couple hours late, but most of the other LD trains were leaving within an hour of the scheduled time.
I'm not sure which trains are "turned" for other routes, but most LD arrivals (other than the EB) were arriving close to scheduled times.

Hopefully you will be okay.

They couldn't reschedule me on the EB until Jan. 1,and as of Sunday night, the Zephyr was sold out until Jan. 1st also. I opted a southern route to California on the Southwest Chief, which seems to be doing better with the weather so I could arrive on the west coast by Jan. 1. (Fortunately I'm not on a very strict schedule right now and will enjoy extra time in Chicago.)

Good luck and I hope all goes well with the Zephyr.

Andy

Posts: 120 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutton
Member # 1612

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info Andy. Appreciate it. Have a great trip, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the CZ will make it [Smile]
Posts: 171 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page