RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Spring Timetables

Author Topic: Spring Timetables
TALKrr
Member # 683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TALKrr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Norman:

If I recall you offered me a link to order an Amtrak national timetable through the mail. I seem to have misplaced it. Could you offer it again ?

They were not available at the stations in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia at the end of March when I passed through.

Thanks

John

Posts: 187 | From: Pittsburgh , PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In looking at the on-line timetables (http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/Page/Schedules_Index_Page&c=Page&cid=1080072922206&ssid=3)it seems the only ones that have changed are the Adirondack and Ethan Allen Express/Vermonter timetables -- all the others shown on line are still from last October.
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gil -- how do you post URL addresses as hyperlinks into this forum? I tried doing it in the above post using the "full reply" window, but apparently it didn't work.

Thanks -- Rich

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob from MA
Member # 4686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob from MA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lake Shore Ltd. schedule, accessed through Amtrak's website under "schedules", still shows 10:00 PM departure from Chicago eastbound, even though I understand that has changed to 9:00 PM. The Boston sleeper has been indicated on the schedule since October so they didn't have to change that!
Posts: 127 | From: Worcester, Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rich, hit quote at my message and the URL protocol will be shown.
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoop
Member # 4607

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lake Shore will continue to leave at 10:00pm. The 9:00pm departure was not approved by CSX.
Posts: 54 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob from MA
Member # 4686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob from MA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet when you go to Reservations on Amtrak's site and put in CHI to ALB, for example, leaving tomorrow, it still shows the 9:00 PM departure.
Posts: 127 | From: Worcester, Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Thanks, Gil -- I don't quite understand, but next time I want to post a hyperlink, I'll refer back to your advice.
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Rich, here's more:

http://www.railforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=ubb_code_page

sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoop, From where are you getting your info that CSX did not approve the earlier departure? I have an LSL eastbound trip later this spring, and Amtrak info is that it leaves Chicago at 9PM. Also, I am planning a possible trip from upstate NY to Boston this fall, and Amtrak info is that the LSL leaves Albany 3:25PM and arrives in Boston South at 9:10PM. Are you saying all this info in their computers/reservation system is not accurate???
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDRR
Member # 2992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDRR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a new Lakeshore schedule in place. Also the new National TT will take effect May 10, so TalkRR, you may wish to wait 30 days and get a new one.
Posts: 332 | From: Long Island, NY USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page