RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » LAX Flyaway Bus?

Author Topic: LAX Flyaway Bus?
a meyer
Member # 4954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for a meyer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll need to take the Flyaway bus from LAX (airport) to Union Station next week. I have been to the website and know the times and fare, but, for some reason I don't see how to pay for the bus? Does anyone know if I pay on the bus or need to purchase a ticket beforehand. My connection may not be too tight if my flight is on time, but if my flight is late I want to be prepared for a quick connection from LAX to Union Station.

Andy

Posts: 120 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gibg
Member # 2565

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gibg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From LAX to LAUPT you pay at the end of the ride (LAUPT) by purchasing a ticket from the ticket booth at LAUPT. My experience has been that the driver (and the drivers are great) "holds your bags hostage" until you show your ticket. It's a very simple procedure -- and a great service.
Posts: 87 | From: Snowmass, CO USA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RussM
Member # 3627

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RussM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you haven't taken the Flyaway bus before, it may take you a few minutes to find the nearest bus stop at LAX. It might not be right in front of your terminal. Look for the green overhead sign that says "Flyaway". Travel time is about 1/2 hour, which is fairly dependable, as they use the HOV lane on the freeways. It may take up to an additional 10 minutes to go around the loop at LAX, and stop at each terminal, before leaving for Union Station. The service is very good, but in my experience, they don't stick too closely to the published departure times.
Posts: 133 | From: Canaan, CT | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a meyer
Member # 4954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for a meyer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info !!

Andy

Posts: 120 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page