RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Hey, Pullman Co!

Author Topic: Hey, Pullman Co!
ehbowen
Member # 4317

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ehbowen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Present for you!

If you want to reciprocate, I can always use a trip report....

--------------------
--------Eric H. Bowen

Stop by my website: Streamliner Schedules - Historic timetables of the great trains of the past!

Posts: 413 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PullmanCo
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PullmanCo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I will tell you that was teh PTT in effect that summer, when I took 9 and 10.

Now, the things I distinctly remember of that summer:

- Sometime in Wyoming (Laramie, maybe?) the dome lounge was cut off, and and we had a flat-top lounge (River/6100 series)

- Again, sometime on the trip, we had a 4800 series (ACF, 1949) diner, vice the dome diner.

I still have a UP plastic streamliner swizzle stick from that trip. I've talked more than once about the upper berth windows in the section on the backhaul. Mom finally realized I was too big to easily sleep with her at 10 years old.

That was an awkward age. I know that later, I slept with my bride aboard an Amtrak Deluxe BR lower, but married people fit together differently than do a mother and son.

Mom left this vale of tears two weeks and a little more ago, but I can tell you this was a fun trip for all of us who went.

Posts: 1404 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ehbowen
Member # 4317

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ehbowen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My condolences for your loss. I'm sorry about the timing, but I hope this also helps bring back some happy memories.

--------------------
--------Eric H. Bowen

Stop by my website: Streamliner Schedules - Historic timetables of the great trains of the past!

Posts: 413 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Pullman, if the Funeral Home at which your Mother is being prepared offers a web condolence book, perhaps you may wish to share same here. I'm certain from this group, thoughtful comments will be added.
Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page