RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Thanks to all

Author Topic: Thanks to all
TALKrr
Member # 683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TALKrr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I have re-considered.

"To err is human" does make a lot of sense afterall, I guess.

I want to thank you all very, very much for your encouraging words. They are deeply appreciated I assure you.

To the moderator: You are the BEST !! I was very moved by your thoughts.

To Chris G : What a great guy. I appreciated your kindness and forgiving spirit.

To everyone else: How nice of you all to care !

I learn so much from all of your interesting posts. Also , how nice it is to have your rail knowledge and expertise available when I have a question.

I look forward to many more happy hours reading , learning and sharing with you all.

Sincerely:

TALKrr (John)

Posts: 187 | From: Pittsburgh , PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amtrak92
Member # 14343

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtrak92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you chose to come back
Posts: 465 | From: elgin (s-line) | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad, too, John. Life is way to short to let this sort of thing bother you. I think the fact that Chris "forgave" you says a lot about him and the other comments from members spoke well for them.

Frank in sunny and warm SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John this whole thing reminds me of my This Classroom is a benevolent dictatorship speech the first day of school when I was teaching. I would tell the kids "there would be absolutely no laughing or snide remarks about anything anyone said. I want to be able to say "dumb" things without worrying about others reaction and the rest of you should too." We NEVER had any problems. Frankly I don't see why there was any problem with what you said and I am glad you are back.
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back John. We're happy you're here.
Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hooray. Welcome back!

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page