RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » a video some of you may like

Author Topic: a video some of you may like
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(and some of you may hate!)
But it's certainly an interesting train trip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMsv3MrbDcs

Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very scenic.

I like the train too.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bagpipes and ponies can only be next. And to think some didn't take us seriously. It just needs to be a faster train for a more dramatic Doppler effect.

I loved the video.

Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RR4me
Member # 6052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RR4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, that's got to be some well maintained track [Wink]
Posts: 406 | From: La Grange, CA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved it too. Thanks.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked it. It makes me want to go out for Indian food!

Does anyone know anything about the locomotive? It appears to be some sort of "cab forward" design.

Frank in clear and cool SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even I liked it, but wonder how the car-top dancing was filmed while the train was moving, or if some Bollywood technowhiz did it all with computers.
Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RussM
Member # 3627

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RussM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little research turned up the following - This music video was from the 1998 Indian film, "Dil Se", which is available from Netflix. It was filmed on the Nilgiri Mountain Railway (a unique, and interesting railway - check it out with Google !). The scenes were shot on the train, exactly as seen, with no blue screen, or other post production effects.
Posts: 133 | From: Canaan, CT | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great video, Sojourner! Where on earth did you ever find that? It was obviously filmed in India -- I didn't understand it, but I enjoyed it! (especially the belly dancer!) Great music too.

I'm now waiting for GBN to reply and tell us all about the "rules violations" in the film [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RRRICH, forget the rules violations. I expect GBN to be checking in with a report that this train will be the next one to sport an "Adios" rear marker, and overall, "more positives than negatives" on the trip.
Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://gcirc.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/bollyrail-indian-movie-songs-on-trains/
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's just leave my comments with "Oh well, that's Bollywood".
Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tanner929
Member # 3720

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tanner929     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the'll be the first group to buy cars
Posts: 516 | From: New Haven, CT USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark_Lester
Member # 15836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark_Lester   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks sojourner, I just found railforum from my referrals logs.
and apologies to anyone in here who might have liked to have come with us, I dont know how the heck I missed this place, I signed up to well over 50 travel and rail forums looking for people stupid enough to do the trip.
In fairness most of the group are just casual railway fans, though we do have at least one high priest of steam on the train. Almost 25% of us are Americans though, so the chances are that someone in here would have liked to do it.

Posts: 2 | From: Reading, UK | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TwinStarRocket:
Bagpipes and ponies can only be next. And to think some didn't take us seriously. It just needs to be a faster train for a more dramatic Doppler effect.

I loved the video.

If you listen closely enough, I believe I DO hear bagpipes.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page