RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Silver Meteor Survey

Author Topic: Silver Meteor Survey
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was called tonight by a survey company in regards to my Roomette trip on the Meteor last April. The phone part asked me to rate the overall Amtrak trip and then questions about my favorite subject, Amtrak meals. Sadly I could not even remember what I had to eat on that trip, too long ago. But I gave it my best.

Then they emailed me a link to the rest of the survey which described the three levels of dining possible, Full Diner, Diner Lite and Cafe Car. The emphasis was on if I would book a sleeper if only certain levels were available or even if the meal was not included in the fare.

Clearly they are trying to decide what to do about the type of dining and the inclusion or non-inclusion of that cost in the fare. I pretty much said I would possibly not book a sleeper if the meals, full dining, were not included.

Of interest I was asked if the price of $400 or so was what I paid and I could not correct that to say I used AGR points. So I just agreed on the price.

And they will be sending me a check for $5 for my participation.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After my 2010 CHI-59-JAN-58-CHI joyride, I received an invitation to participate in a Focus Group, which would have paid $75.

I declined.

Surveys from whoever simply get "the heave" or the "Thank you but I don't participate in surveys; click" with me. Hey, I vote with my $$$$; what more do you need?

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mpaulshore
Member # 3785

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mpaulshore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why am I reminded of Dana Carvey's "Grumpy Old Man" routine from Saturday Night Live?
Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just scrawl "Rule Britannia!" across the face of all mailed surveys and return them in the prepaid envelopes.

Wish I could remember what movie that came from. A World War II stalag epic, I think. I seem to remember a Limey kriegie scrawling that across a prepared confession a Nazi guard handed him.

Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Henry, was the National Rail Passenger Corporation consulted for the filming of that movie? I believe the prison camp guards were portrayed in a way that too closely resembled Amtrak conductors.

--------------------
Ocala Mike

Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page