RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » On Train 50 and really late!

Author Topic: On Train 50 and really late!
Train Granny
Member # 30118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Train Granny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to one of the guys on TO forum, this is what happened:
A private car had sticking brakes out of Connersville. The train backed up some distance to Connersville and the car was set out. That caused an hour of delay. It appears that signal work caused an additional delay before Clifton Forge. And then general track sharing conflicts with NS after that. Will be at WAS about 3.5 hours late if pattern continues.

Sooo.... more delays mean more time on the train! It's been a beautiful day and a delightful trip!

--------------------
Train Granny

http://www.traingranny.com
http://www.facebook.com/traingranny

Martha (Marty) Hale
Savannah, Georgia

Posts: 182 | From: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is good when 'really late' means 'more time on the train' rather than......well..... something else.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Train Granny
Member # 30118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Train Granny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a soft bed in Washington DC. The scenery in New River Gorge was amazing! Will be rested for the Vermonter by morning!

--------------------
Train Granny

http://www.traingranny.com
http://www.facebook.com/traingranny

Martha (Marty) Hale
Savannah, Georgia

Posts: 182 | From: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I can remember this joke right:

A train engineer calls the dispatcher to ask the time. The dispatcher asks "What road are you?" The engineer responds "Why do you need to know what road I am to tell me the time?"

The dispatcher replies that some railroads use a different time format than others. "If you are BNSF, it is 2:20 pm. If you are Norfolk Southern, it is 14:20. If you are UP, the little hand is on 2 and the big hand is on 4. And if you are Amtrak, it's Tuesday."

Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has Jeannie bailed out yet?

Oh and Dr. Hale, be sure to look when X-ing the Mianus River today (MP 28; or about five minutes before your arrival in Stamford, way to the point Southward and on the East side. That is where my boyhood home is located - and where my Sister lives today.

Posts: 9977 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once dated a girl who used to live around the corner from the New Carrollton, MD station. The house is visible from the train but you have to know just when to look. I missed it when I rode through in November.

--------------------
David Pressley

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More thread creep. One of my boyhood homes was located less than a city block from the LIRR mainline about four miles east of Jamaica Station. Lots of activity 24/7, plus a freight yard humping cars in the wee hours!
Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Likely just as well, Dr. Hale, you chose that B&B at Manassas for your "overnight". Hopefully VRE proved more reliable for getting you to WAS than did Amtrak getting you to Manassas.
Posts: 9977 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
I enjoyed reading about the train necklace on your train 50 blog!

--------------------
David Pressley

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page