RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Business Class on the Missouri Trains?

Author Topic: Business Class on the Missouri Trains?
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what equipment is used for Business Class on the Kansas City-St. Louis trains?

More specifically, I suppose the question I'm asking is "Are any of those Horizon coaches configured with 2-1 seating?" I'd go the extra $17.00 for 2-1 but if it's just another coach I would not drink that much free soda!

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since The Runners are assigned equipment from the Chicago pool, the Business Class equipment is either A-I or Horizon Cafe cars with Club (2-1) seating for BC.

As for myself, it's Business Class all the time snd comp soda pop means nothing to me as I don't drink it (boarding school teaches you do without it - same with chewing gum; how can anyone drink 32oz - a quart - of that stuff in one swoop?).

Also it should be noted that the Midwest Coaches have fixed seating with half the seats pointed in either direction; they are rotated in BC for a forward ride.

Only drawback to BC, if the car is on the head of the train, the locomotive's horn can best be described as "objectionable". If on the rear, and it is a coin toss to decide that, no problem.

At this time, I have "penciled in' a September trip first to Ann Arbor (a well reknowned Russian Orchestra) on Thursday, then Friday on to Detroit and the Detroit Symphony. Saturday is return home. If 1) I make the trip, and 2) I choose to use Amtrak (I don't need to have Red Lex "keyed" in Detroit - even in a hotel valet parking garage), I guess ARB-DET will be Coach; but nothing other than BC for the rest.

"Pay the $17".

Posts: 9977 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As someone said, Mayor Bloomberg does not want anyone to drink a soda taller than he is.
Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy McFarland
Member # 4435

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy McFarland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great comment Henry!

--------------------
My new "default" station (EKH) has no baggage service or QuikTrak machine, but the parking is free! And the NY Central RR Museum is just across the tracks (but not open at Amtrak train times. . ..)

Posts: 337 | From: Goshen, IN | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info folks........

Looks like I may be in the midwest for a drum corps event in the Quad Cities July 1 and I thought I'd sample Missouri on the drive up.

I'll do the business class at least one direction!

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page