RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Storing luggage at Seattle's King Station

Author Topic: Storing luggage at Seattle's King Station
Tootle
Member # 4591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'll arrive in Seattle in a couple weeks on the Empire Builder, spend the night, and then leave the next morning on the Coast Starlight for Los Angeles. Can anybody tell me whether we'll be able to store a couple of suitcases at the station, either in a locker or with the Baggage folks? Thanks for any information you can provide.

--------------------
Sue B

Posts: 11 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vincent206
Member # 15447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vincent206     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King Street Station in Seattle has a fully staffed baggage facility. There may be a charge to store your bags overnight (I think $4/bag is the going rate). No lockers are available.
Posts: 831 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mgt
Member # 5479

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never been charged for leaving checked baggage in the facility overnight. I do make my intention known to the staff.
Posts: 168 | From: uk. northumberland | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vincent206
Member # 15447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vincent206     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems logical that a bag being transferred between the Builder and the Starlight could sit overnight for free at the station, but it would be smart to check with the baggage handlers first.
Posts: 831 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ms. Tootie, off topic, but I trust you are aware that there is another member, HopefulRailUser, from Redondo Beach active at the Forum.

Miss Vickie and her husband, Mr. Art, are as ardent cruisers as they are rail travelers. I have had the privilege to meet them both on several occasions.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tootle
Member # 4591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the helpful replies. It will be much more convenient if we can leave the two larger bags at the station and just take a carry-on with us. There was a lot of construction the last time we were at the King Street Station and I'm looking forward to seeing some of it completed.

For Gilbert in particular: Yup, I know Vicki -- we roomed together at UCLA back in the sixties and she's keeping an eye on our house while we travel.

--------------------
Sue B

Posts: 11 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just stored three pieces of luggage in Seattle Monday afternoon for a few hours. We were not charged because they had come in as checked baggage earlier that day on the Cascade #500 from Portland.

Otherwise, I believe the storage charge would have been $4.00 per bag per day.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Ms. Tootie; time to go to Disneyland and be bombarded [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

(remember going oin some ride out there forty yearts ago and couldn't get that out of my head for days after)

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully you will encounter LaToya at King Street Station. She was the friendliest, most enthusiastic Amtrak Baggage Handler I have ever met.

I also hope Amtrak treats her well. Otherwise Southwest Airlines will swoop in and steal her away!

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page