RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Happy

Author Topic: Happy
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pharrell Williams, "Happy":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

I love this new song (as well as the Grammy Award winning, "Get Lucky"), but in this particular case......check out the above video and see how many Los Angeles scenes you can pick out. You will definitely recognize some of them. [Smile]

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I could pick out were maybe a couple scenes shot inside LAUS.
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were some shots along the LA River where the trains run along as you come in/out of LAUPT, probably 10 or more inside LAUPT, and several from the area just outside the station in the downtown area. I think one scene is on the street where The Dog Whisperer was filmed (I'll have to go back and look again to be sure).
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very catchy tune. Lots of LAUS and lots of street scenes that are very typical of LA. Thanks.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked off half-second scenes at LAUS:

0:45
2:17
2:29
2:43
3:02
3:25
3:38
3:58

Also, the 2013 flick 'Gangster Squad' now airing at HoBO, has extensive scenes shot at LAUS - including the 'Great Movie Set' that I guess the production company of the vid linked by Smitty was not prepared to pay for.

Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And it's nominated for an Oscar for Best Song.

Frank in sunny and warm SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An Oscar or a Grammy?

It's a very catchy tune, I must admit.

Edit: Oh wait, okay, Oscar...I get it now...

sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From "Despicable Me 2".
Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw him do this and several others on the NBA All Star Game. The other tunes didn't live up to Happy. A lot of exposure to someone I never heard of until today.

--------------------

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
I saw that same performance today on TNT! I agree----wasn't as good. I must admit that I had never heard of him either, until he collaborated with "Daft Punk" which I had also never heard of before. Apparently, they are well-known overseas and highly popular there. Daft Punk and Pharrell Williams just won the Grammies for best song, best album, and I believe a few other categories. Here is the song----it's even more catchy than "Happy":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5EofwRzit0

It was perform live on the Grammies, with Stevie Wonder. It was really good!

smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
And of course, it's on YouTube already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SfXIRHbHKU

(I guess it's "Grammys" and not "Grammies"?)

HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Stevie Wonder, more my era.

--------------------

Railroad Bob
Member # 3508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Railroad Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recognized most of the locations; one of the Hancock Park scenes was about a mile from my old Koreatown condo. Hmm, sure miss the city that never sleeps with all the energy and creativity. I'm gone from LA now; the only souvenirs I have kept are the memories, and my "213" area code mobile phone number.
Posts: 588 | From: East San Diego County, CA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page