RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » AMTRAK timetables

Author Topic: AMTRAK timetables
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again,I forgot -- what part of the AMTRAK web site allows you to order printed national timetables? I was not able to find that link.

Thanks--

Railroad Rich

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here, Rich.

A trick I use for finding something on a particular website is to use the "site:amtrak.com" option that Google (and most likely other search engines) provide. You simply type your search query in the usual place but add the site: option like this:

quote:

site:amtrak.com printed timetables

--------------------
Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the information, Geoff.

The cumbersome way is to, on the Amtrak home page, hold your cursor (don't click) over the orange PLAN tab. You then get a drop-down box with the option," Planning and Booking". Click and you will see "Order and Contact Amtrak Publications". Click and you see where you can order the timetable booklet.

I tried 3 times, last Feb., to order the timetable. You have to retype a wavy word and a legible word. I couldn't read the wavy word so I typed only the legible word. Never received the timetable in the mail. I wound up calling the Amtrak 800 number, hit "0" a couple of times, and ordered through a live agent.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Yukon -- I will do what you suggest. Last time I ordered a timetable through the web site, I received it within a week or so.
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
I got my timetable a couple days ago, but it was the summer (effective June 9, 2014) timetable, which I already have!

Didn't AMTRAK publish a winter timetable this year effective with the change back to Standard Time?

Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not anymore; "the railroad tradition" died a few years ago. Next one will be "Winter Spring" issued in January.
Posts: 9981 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
OK, thanks, Gil! I'll order a copy in a month or two.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page