RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Author Topic: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all, if we are still allowed to say that.

Seems like the forum has been kind of dead the last couple of months. How about it if I post another Amtrak logic problem...anyone interested?

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2933

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moderator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and Happy New Year to all.

Laurie

Posts: 169 | From: Northwest Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sod the naysayers! Merry Christmas.

Logic problem... sounds good!

--------------------
Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerome Nicholson
Member # 3116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerome Nicholson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Atheist has no problem reading that - or saying it! Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all y'all!
Posts: 510 | From: Richmond VA USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!! I'm in the Chicago area for Christmas, and we avoided all the snow -- it all went over to Michigan (my home state) -- it should be clearer by the time I leave to go back home tomorrow, though!

Again, Happy Holidays to all!

-- Railroad Rich

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all from damp and chilly (58F, probably balmy to most) Ocala, FL.
Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeeCT
Member # 3241

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeeCT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Connecticut, where the sun finally put in an appearance this afternoon. (First time in several weeks ...... has been grey skies here for weeks.)

Dee

Posts: 460 | From: North Central CT | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas to all.

While I've not posted as much in recent months, I do still stop in to read every week or so. Hopefully by March or so we'll have matters of estate settled and I can return to spending more recreational internet time here.

How discombobulated has my thinking been recently? Just this morning I realized that Ive not received a Trains Magazine in the mail since the October issue...... and I hadn't noticed it until now. Best I can determine is that my street address got in their computer when I ordered some binders back in October instead of my PO Box address.

Hopefully I can recover the missed issues... I have every issue back to January 1972 and I'd hate to break the streak.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MargaretSPfan
Member # 3632

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MargaretSPfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

May all your trains be on time and may the new year bring you much fun with this great hobby.

Posts: 211 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas to all our fellow train travelers!

David, do hope you are able to join us more as your insights on the company we love to scorn are always interesting and positive. Perhaps we can get Henry Kisor to participate again also.

Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of the issue Palmland will involve having time to get out and do some Amtrak riding! Other than a couple of roundtrips on the Piedmonts, I've not been on an Amtrak train overnight since July 2013........ Hard to have relevant comments with no recent firsthand experience with the state of things out there.

I do have 50,000 AGR points tucked away now so it is not a matter of not having the means to get out there..... strictly a matter of time.

Getting on at least a couple LD trains is something I hope to do in 2015.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DonNadeau
Member # 61606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DonNadeau   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sod the naysayers! Merry Christmas," indeed!

Late Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year, and secular (for Jerome) good wishes to you all.

This is the most courteous and uplifting forum on the web and I very much appreciate that everyone has made it that.

--------------------
@DonNadeau

Posts: 366 | From: Iowa | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Palmland mentioned Henry Kisor above -- whatever happened to Henry? Does anyone know? He hasn't posted for several months -- I hope everything is OK with him.

As far as train riding is concerned, I will not be taking an AMTRAK trip in 2015 -- [Frown]

but maybe one in 2016, if AMTRAK is still around then after the Republicans have been in office for a couple years and we have a Republican President.

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RRRICH:
....but maybe one in 2016, if AMTRAK is still around then after the Republicans have been in office for a couple years and we have a Republican President.

How say that discussion be taken over to Open Discussion.

Trust everyone has had happy holidays.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RRRICH:
Palmland mentioned Henry Kisor above -- whatever happened to Henry? Does anyone know? He hasn't posted for several months -- I hope everything is OK with him.

Seems he was well as of 13th December.

--------------------
Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All--

Just checking in with belated Christmas Greetings and Wishes for a Happy, Healthy 2015!

I didn't do much train riding in 2014 but will start out 2015 with a trip from JAX to MIA on 16 January. We will be doing a pair of Caribbean Cruises on Celebrity Reflection from there starting on 17 January.

Frank in cool but clear SBA where they are predicting 29º tonight AND in Pasadena for the Rose Parade.

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page