RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » TRAINS: 75 People....

Author Topic: TRAINS: 75 People....
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For their 75th anniversary issue, TRAINS has identified 75 railroaders, executives, photographers, and railfans "that made railroading and TRAINS what they are today".

I've met face to face nine of 'em along the way and I'll tally them should anyone care. Anyone else care to chime in?

Posts: 9977 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just received the Nov. issue in the mail, today.

I'm glad they included Al Perlman in the list. A couple of others which might be included; Edward Budd and why not Walt Disney, for his life-long interest and promotion of trains.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a corollary to this topic, of the "75 Places" listed within the issue, a quick count (and honor system) shows I've seen about 50 of such.
Posts: 9977 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in the low 50's on the '75 places' to see......though I'm not sure if the trestle near Essex, MT counts. I haven't really 'seen' it but I've ridden across it on the Empire Builder 4-5 times now.

I was surprised to have a working knowledge (although no firsthand meetings) with all but two or three of the 75 people.....

There is something to be said for being a Trains subscriber since 1972.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page