RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Train 4 - 9th stop on FAR track at La Plata MO 1205PM CT 7-11

Author Topic: Train 4 - 9th stop on FAR track at La Plata MO 1205PM CT 7-11
daniel3197
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for daniel3197     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw a very very rare opeation on the La Plata Railcam when trin 4 of 9th did the La Plata MO stop on the far track.
I wonder how often this happens at La Plata and the operational reasons for this rare move.
It is ALways very important to know the rest of the story when odd things happen.
I believe this is a rather rare and unusual move in any case.
Trian had amtrak locos 165 and amtrak 41 with no pv and no special cars on rear.
Train arrived LAP as 1204pm changed to 1205PM CT and departed at 1213PM CT
----Daniel

Posts: 283 | From: Palo Alto,CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel3197
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel3197     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For info and those keeping statistics, Monday 7-17-17 eastbound Train 4 Southwest chief also did the LAP La Plata station work on the south track aka far track.
This would official be Amtrak Train 4 of 16 sunday in July 2017. This was a totally ordinary consist with no pv cars carried on this train.
---Daniel

Posts: 283 | From: Palo Alto,CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PullmanCo
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PullmanCo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3(24) also used the South Track. I was rather suprised to see the coaling tower go by on my left.

--------------------
The City of Saint Louis (UP, 1967) is still my standard for passenger operations

Posts: 1404 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel3197
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel3197     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kindly beg your pardon, Pullman Co, I very closely--vividly remember yesterday Monday 7-24 in 2017 Train 4 stopping on North Track aka "Station Side". Monday, Yesterday Train 4 seemed like it was very early because it was almost totally on time. I vividly remember seeign the LAP Railcam time show 10:05AM Central Time when Train 4 departed la Plata. It was a very quiet and efficient stop for train 4 yesterday wit maybe one or two people boarding and or detraining. My positing is to politely set the historic record straight for any fans of statistics on La Plata Amtrak activity.
I hope everyone is able to enjoy their travels on Amtrak
----Daniel

PullmanCo
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PullmanCo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amended.

--------------------
The City of Saint Louis (UP, 1967) is still my standard for passenger operations

Posts: 1404 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel3197
Member # 27

Member Rated:
For the record westbound Train 3--1st just did La Plata station work on the FAR track aka south track at LAP. SW Chief train 3 arrived at 8:01 PM CT and departed at 8:06 PM CT or 20:06 hours Central time on 24 hour clock.
There must have been some problem at this time with the north track between the control points of HURDLAND at MP 300 and CP LA PLATA at Milepost 313
This was a big--big surprise to me seeing westbound 3 on the FAR track.
----Daniel

Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hafta ask; how does one at the High Tree have knowledge of happenings at The Silver?
Posts: 9977 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel3197
Member # 27

Member Rated:
For the record, yesterday Tuesday 8th Train 3 stoppped--serviced the center platforms from the FAR track at La Plata MO on AUG 8, 2017
This is courtesy of the excellent Live LAP Railcams from "Virtual Railfan" at La Plata MO ,milepost 312 on the BNSF Marceline Subdivision. mainline.
by the way as I understand it this move is required to be protected under GCOR rule 6.30
--- Daniel

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page