RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » New RR guide on my web site

Author Topic: New RR guide on my web site
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I now have a CZ guide on my web site, from Emeryville to Salt Lake City. Here is the link:

http://www.railroadrich.com/guide_16a.html

I have been having trouble with my web site lately -- if I open it with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, the first two pages plus the new section on the CZ are corrupted; however, if I open it with Google Chrome, everything looks the way it should.

Please let me know what browser you use to open the site, and how the pages came out.

P.S. Please ignore the black box at the top of the page linked to -- that is yet another problem I am having with this site.

Any advice from any of you computer-savvy railfans?

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Using W10, all three browsers I have; IE, Edge, and Chrome, are "Fvr" (OK).
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Chrome, Rich, and had no problem in accessing your website.

You did an excellent job on this latest one.

In the Emeryville to Davis segment, the information on Crockett reminded me that Crockett was where we boarded (my family and I) for a train trip to Reno, my first ride on a passenger train. It was, back in the 1950's, a Southern Pacific station.

In the section on Winnemucca, NV, you correctly say that there is no evidence that Butch and Sundance robbed the First National Bank in 1900. I do believe, however, that some of the bank robbers were members of the "Wild Bunch" gang.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yukon - you may very likely be right about the Wild Bunch gang at Winnemucca. I believe that was also mentioned in the reference I used to obtain that info!
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
My web site is currently down. Do not try to use it -- I will let you know when I get it fixed again.
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
The web site is basically up and running again, although a few of the pages are a bit corrupted. Also, I need to redo my links to the RR maps on Snapfish.

http://railroadrich.com/index.html

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page