RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Look at the first page

Author Topic: Look at the first page
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, it is not Amtrak, but someone wants their company to be known for something beyond freight.

https://www.up.com/cs/groups/public/@uprr/documents/up_pdf_nativedocs/pdf_up_fiberoptic_standards.pdf

Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if UP is "champ" with Harriman Awards, but I think we all know which outfit is "not exactly" a contender.

The Courage to Care pledge is patterned after the Military Code of Conduct, with which any of us around here who have "been in" are familiar.

Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My reference to Amtrak was solely because this folder is supposed to home for Amtrak related posts.
Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then Mr. Harris, I'm at a loss to know what is being addressed.

With some eleven recent passenger fatalities - all at the hands of negligent Amtrak employees - as well as those to employees that are largely obscured from media "prying eyes", one must wonder just how broken is the culture of safety at Amtrak.

This "Cultural Breakdown" developed well before Moorman/Anderson came on the property. Like the UP, the NS also has a strong safety culture. While the same claim can hardly be made for '18, the Air Transport industry during '17 did not revord a single passenger fatality. That can only be considered exemplary - and that is from where Mr. Anderson came to Amtrak.

So all told, the safety statement in the form of a Code of Conduct is what I reacted to when reviewing the material.

Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
My point was the beautiful steam haouled passenger train on the front. They could just as well shown a couple of six axle freights on the front of a double stack, but they chose not to, instead showing their steamer.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page