RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Northern Lights Express

Author Topic: Northern Lights Express
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Northern Lights Express train (Twin Cities to Duluth. MN) is making news.

https://is.gd/Tcjpx8

Another boondoggle or is there a chance this one may come about, now that Amtrak has shown interest? Also talk of a link to Wisconsin. Federal funding, however, has not yet been approved.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard, I rode the predecessor Amtrak train, "The Arrowhead", during November 1977. It even had a Dome-Obs (ex-Q). well patronized, and a party ambience on board.
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the proposed link between Duluth and Wisconson could, indeed, be along the old "Arrowhead" route, Superior to Duluth. I guess it was a nice connection to the North Coast Hiawatha.

I noticed, during the video (00:41), the Northern Pacific 2435 is in the background. I assume that the loco is at the Duluth Museum.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PullmanCo
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PullmanCo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After the 2020 budget drop, care to bet that match will be 80-20 State/Fed, if Big D Minneeesota can even get Trumpbux?

--------------------
The City of Saint Louis (UP, 1967) is still my standard for passenger operations

Posts: 1404 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page