RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Problem with Amtrak App

Author Topic: Problem with Amtrak App
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried, the other day, to check a train status on my Amtrak phone app. After clicking the app, I was asked to log in. However, it wouldn't accept my login password (I don't think my old password is in compliance with current, stricter character requirements). I then got a prompt for resetting my password.

I punched in my email address and then requested a reset (or change) of my Amtrak password I received a message that an e-mail was on the way for resetting (and changing) my password. However, I have tried, now, for several days and I have not yet received the "on the way" email. Thus, I can't log onto the Amtrak phone app. Any suggestions on what to do?

I will be traveling on CS #11, Portland to Martinez, in June. I wanted to check train status, into Martinez, en route and e-mail the Martinez pickup driver should #11 be projected to arrive late.

Come to think of it, I tried this last year and I could not obtain cellphone access from Eugene to Klamath Falls. So, maybe it would be best just to have the Martinez pickup driver check Amtrak train status before heading to the Martinez station.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard, I would just start all over again and request a new reset password. If that doesn't work give them a call. Generally Amtrak customer service is pretty helpful.

We're heading out again to the northeast this week on the Palmetto. A long day, don't get into Wilmington until 10pm but beats I-95 especially with rain forecast. I made that reservation and one from there to Ashland a couple weeks ago. This week I learned that the Palmetto from Richmond south has been cancelled 4 days a week this month for track work. I had not made that reservation since I generally use my pass. Fortunately Avis was happy to take my reservation for a not too terrible 4+ hour drive from Richmond to Florence.

Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Amtrak still honoring the twelve annual trip pass for travel over your home road? Mine (12 trips a year on the MILW) was lost when I resigned during '81. Likely lost again when the MILW went bust; haven't really missed it.
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Norman: When the old MILW went from Milwaukee to the Northwest, I wouldn't mind taking that scenic route 12 trips a year.

Mr. Palmland:

I'll take up your suggestions in calling Amtrak customer service, if needed. However, I found a way to, I hope, circumvent the problem. From the Amtrak app I selected the prompt to enroll in the Amtrak Guest Rewards program. After punching in my email address, it had me make up a 10 character password to their specifications. It worked, and it allowed me to check train status.

The former train status opt was a little quirky. It, now, is easy to type in a station and train number to get the information.

In my old age, I don't like driving more than 1-2 hrs. It's hard to believe, back in the 60's, we would drive 6+ hours from west central Wyoming to Colorado, for skiing and to go to Harry Hoffman's.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, GBN, before I retired I was told I could make a one time change to any CSX predessor Road. So I picked SCL instead of Chessie for obvious reasons. I use it a couple times a year but if going overnight or off SCL lines, I don’t bother. Not worth it for the aggravation of only half rate and reservation only 24 hours in advance.
Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, right now I'm aboard BNSF 1293, which I chose over driving, so I was able to "drink what I wanted" at the Old School's reception (South Kent School '61).

Also got 12324 steps in the round trip "hoof" from CUS to the restaurant and back.

I avoid taxicabs like the plague, and Uber? what's that!

But then, how many 77yo's can do that hoof?

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page