RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Miss Vikki

Author Topic: Miss Vikki
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All--

We have reason to believe that Vikki Nishioka has passed away. Her husband Art, known to some of us as Mr. Art, proceeded her in death.

Frank in cloudy SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank, regretably confirmed .

I think it has been no secret at the Forum that I knew Miss Vicki (Nishioka; prior married name) and Mr. Art face to face. We had some great times together in Chicago.

I knew Miss Vicki had been afflicted with leukemia that, of course, I kept to myself having learned of it from another member here.

I was composing a message to her that I would have sent had the NBA been favored with a "cross town conference finals" - albeit transplanted to Florida! Only one problem; the Clippers, who they both worshipped, kind of shall we say, "folded" in the stretch.

Rest in peace, you wonderful gal.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad to hear. 2020 is a year like no other, for sure.
Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TBlack
Member # 181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TBlack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had Vicki and Art out to the house for dinner on an evening when they were passing through Boston. Delightful fun; they are most knowledgeable and entertaining. Big loss!
Posts: 518 | From: Maynard, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tootle
Member # 4591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Sue Brewer, a close friend of Vicki's since high school. Yes, Vicki passed away on September 1st. I'm sorry it didn't occur to me sooner to check this website -- which I've posted to only rarely but visited much more often. Something just now made me realize I should contact both Frank in Santa Barbara and Henry Kisor (sp?) as well as others on this forum and that brought me here. Here's a link to her obituary that ran in the local South Bay Daily Breeze. A very good friend to many of us.

--------------------
Sue B

Posts: 11 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tootle
Member # 4591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tootle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I often do, I forgot the attachment. Here it is -- https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pvnews/obituary.aspx?n=victoria-nishioka-peterson&pid=196791859

--------------------
Sue B

Posts: 11 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ms. Brewer, here is the posting at which Miss Vickie shared with the Forum noting Mr. Art's passing.

I cannot locate an obit noting such.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the pleasure of meeting Vicki and Art when they were waiting for the Empire Builder in St. Paul. We had arranged to meet for the first time through this forum. I held a sign with an arrow to me that said "Twin Star Rocket". Though our meeting was brief, I have to say they were delightful folks and I am saddened to learn of their passing.

I guess I never knew Vicki was from Pipestone MN. It is a town with a scenic National Monument that I have visited often. When I bought my house 40 years ago, the Title Search revealed that my house and the historic Calumet Hotel in Pipestone were once sold in the same transaction.

Sue Brewer mentioned Henry Kisor. He is on facebook and I still follow his blog there. Always a good read, as one would expect from a talented writer.

Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So very sorry to hear this sad news.
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page