RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Another Ridiculous Investigation

Author Topic: Another Ridiculous Investigation
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/house-gop-vows-to-investigate-biden-for-campaigning-on-amtrak/
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ms. Sojourner, while I generally discredit anything I have learned from "alternative media", such as the publication you note, until such time as it's confirmed by recognized sources, I should note the PDF linked letter contained within does appear authentic.

Are these Republican "critters" trying to suggest that Amtrak provided the train to Joe at a "bargain basement" rate or even "gratis"? Since I don't foresee Trump campaining anywhere by "whistle stop", there can be no comparison made of rates quoted to either campaign.

Possibly, disclosure by Joe's campaign of the amount paid would lay this nonsense to rest.

While rail, but not passenger rail, there is a story circulating about "alternative railfan media" that Pan Am Railways, which is seeking a sale by its owning Mellon interests to another party, will be sold to an entity that will operate the property as "Shared Assets"; much as Conrail does within three Eastern terminals, affording equal on line industry access to both CSX and NS, as well as SOO(CP).

If there were any foundation to this "foam froth", the story would be "huge". Yet to date, there has been no confirmation from recognized news sources, and to me, "there it lays".

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not post things from "alternative media" that I don't check elsewhere. I posted that link because it would be accessible to all. But today there are several articles about it. Also about the Biden campaign's response which was to the effect that virtually anyone can charter an Amtrak train for use but that as far as they knew it was still not possible to do so for the White House Lawn!

Here is a link in today's USA Today: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/10/21/house-republicans-write-letter-amtrak-ceo-joe-biden-campaign-train/3719057001/

Here is another link to the info, but I'm not sure you can access it if you don't subscribe to the WP:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/21/house-republicans-push-inquiry-into-bidens-use-amtrak-trip-through-ohio-pennsylvania/

Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noted; Ms. Sojourner; thank you for providing sources to recognized media.
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page