RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Rail Car One

Author Topic: Rail Car One
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://is.gd/2nOtVR

I wonder if it will sell better than "Billy Beer"?

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard, or Archie, Western Star, Western Nation (sorry 'bout the "outings" of your handles elsewhere), there is actually some merit to thoughts that "certain Private Citizen" may come to town to "hire on" with the Government, by Amtrak.

There are reports at other sites that the Georgia 300 is being readied with updated "COTS date" to "hit the road" and that Joe and Jill (but not Kammy, Nancy, or Sen. Grassley) wil use such to ride to Wash.

This is the same car that was used for "Extra 44 South" during Jan '09.

Even though the Secret Service might have contrary thoughts, this ride would be a great "PR shot" for Amtrak - especially considering "it's on The Dole again" to buy gas for the trains and pay people to drive 'em.

Now I do think a reasonable precaution would be to use Amtrak 10004 "American View" in place of the 300. Why take the risk of a "bad guy getting lucky" with anyone on the open platform. Through his entire political life, Joe "has been drawn to people" and he would want to be out on that platform.

Finally, if that car is to be used, how about renaming the car "Georgia 16" - for the votes that put Joe over the 270.

Addendum: at another site, there is a report that Georgia 300 will be used on a Christmas Train operating over the FEC. All told, best be prepared to accept that a "Joe #1" could have another VIP Car or any plans to operate such a train have been shelved.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gilbert B Norman:
[QB] Richard, or Archie, Western Star, Western Nation.

Also, Native American Richard, as I was born in Calif. (Although I'm embarrassed to admit it).

I don't post on the other forum, anymore, but I do go over there, now and then, just to read a few posts.

If Biden wants to help upgrade Amtrak, he should travel the 3X/week Cardinal and feast on a cold, contemporary box meal. That should get the people wishing for an upgrade in Amtrak routes, schedules, and dining services.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page