RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Amtrak plans cancelled

Author Topic: Amtrak plans cancelled
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The plans for Amtrak Joe to arrive at his inauguration by Amtrak, and he and President Obama did in 2008 (I'm sure at Biden's suggestion), have had to be canceled for security reasons.

By the way, I tried to post this on the related strand but was told the strand was closed.

Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ms. Sojourner, the topic you originated has been moved to Open Discussion, and such discussion has already moved beyond the scope of Amtrak affairs.

At the Amtrak Forum, there appears a redirect symbol within the Left column. However the site does not appear to support actually redirecting the user to its new location.

In fact, the only way it appears to locate the moved material would be to "seek and ye shall find" or to use the View My Recent Posts at your profile to locate your posting.

You were not "cancelled"; it is simply a deficiency within an "ancient" platform.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very quick clip on NBC Nightly News showed the "consist" of Joe's "Unity Special" was a C-32 (B-753).
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page