RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » International » Vietnam's Reunification Express

Author Topic: Vietnam's Reunification Express
aus_train
Member # 197810

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aus_train   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All

I've just finished and published an article about our trip on Vietnam's Reunification Express from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City.

If anyone is interested it's posted here: https://trainreview.com/article/a-train-journey-unifying-a-nation-riding-vietnams-reunification-express

I hope everyone is staying safe and well.

--------------------
Memma
Train Lover and Avid Traveller!

Posts: 22 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Jul 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Mr. Matt, from one who did his "365 and a Wake Up", you sure portray that place as a paradise.

Yes, this "Saigon Warrior" for whom was shot at six times during his Jul 67-68 "all expenses paid tour", had heard that "Up Country" was beautiful, and your trip report certainly bears that out.

But Uncle Sam was tour guide, and he decided that the best "tourist trap" for me to visit was a Communications Center in the basement of HQ 7AF.

While "on tour", I did take a one week leave to Bangkok, and an R&R to Tokyo. But since then, overseas to me has meant Europe - unless, as an 81yo, I attempt this trip to Sydney NSW during '22 that I've noted to Miss Molly at another site.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aus_train
Member # 197810

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aus_train   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your service in Vietnam, we all owe a debt. It's fantastic to be able to report Vietnam changing for the better - it's far from perfect yet, but improving every time I visit.

I really hope you make it down here - let me know if you do, I'd love to buy you a coffee.

Stay safe!

--------------------
Memma
Train Lover and Avid Traveller!

Posts: 22 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Jul 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page