RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Steam Locomotives » CP #2816 & Milw. #261 Excursion

Author Topic: CP #2816 & Milw. #261 Excursion
locofan
Member # 3255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for locofan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Canadian Pacific Railway has agreed to bring 4-6-4 # 2816 to Minneapolis for the Grand Excursion. This week the CPR made the commitment to bring its steam locomotive # 2816 to Minneapolis in late June and early July for a series of company excursions. The locomotive will operate several company excursions and be on public display.
Please read the Steve Sandbergs comments on the 261 website under the "Shop News" section.
I have also heard that #261 and 2816 will operate a full excursion from the Twin Cities to LeCrescent.
Can anyone cofirm this news?

LocoFan.

Posts: 28 | From: Brea, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.261.com and click on E tickets for all of the Milwaukee Road 261 Trips plus the recently added CP 2816 four day trip from Shoreham to Portal.

Chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
locofan
Member # 3255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for locofan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Chris. Appreciated.
Just wondering, are you going to ride this train?

LocoFan

Posts: 28 | From: Brea, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I will be on the 261 trips from Milwaukee
to La Crosse, Circle trip on July 2nd, a chase of the double heading of the 261 and 2816 on the 3rd, 261 trips on the 4th and then the four days of CP 2816 from Shoreham to Portal. 12 days on Mainline Steam Trains as it doesn't get any better than this.

A story will follow a couple weeks after I live all that. http://www.trainweb.org/chris

Chris

[This message has been edited by chrisg (edited 06-13-2004).]

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg:
Yes I will be on the 261 trips from Milwaukee
to La Crosse, Circle trip on July 2nd, a chase of the double heading of the 261 and 2816 on the 3rd.]

WOW! Wish I had checked this section of the forum sooner. I enjoy your trip reports on Trainweb and would have enjoyed telling you that in person. I flew up from North Carolina to ride the July 2nd trip. A phenomenal locomotive the likes of which I'd not seen since NS re-retired N&W 611.

------------------
David Pressley

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cthetrains
Member # 2148

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cthetrains     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone have any info for next year's events?..I'm a milwaukee fan
Posts: 140 | From: Kirksville, Mo | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep checking http://www.261.com

for any future trips by the Milwaukee Road 261.

Chris

chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
For my Milwaukee Road 261 Grand Excursion 2004 Trips and the Canadian Pacific 2816 four day trips go to:
http://www.trainweb.org/chris/261.html

Enjoy,

Chris

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page