RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Forum Information » Suggestions and Comments » Please add permanent clickable link: "You have [X] unread PMs" to top L of page

Author Topic: Please add permanent clickable link: "You have [X] unread PMs" to top L of page
MargaretSPfan
Member # 3632

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MargaretSPfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be a big help if the Forums had a permanent clickable link at the top left of the page saying "You have [number} unread PMs". It is not at all obvious where on the site our PMs are, and without a permanent clickable link to our PMs, they are hard to find. Other sites do this, and it is very helpful.

Yes, you do send us e-mails when we get new PMs, but my e-mail provider -- Yahoo -- put that notification into the Spam folder!! And I did not see it for 3 days! I am VERY glad that Yahoo did not automatically delete that e-mail from my Spam folder before I saw it!

T look forward to your reply, and very much hope you will do what I request.

Posts: 211 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2933

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moderator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mea culpa

Hi Margaret

Can't believe I missed this post from way back in April, for some reason it was just highlighted this morning. Maybe I've been relying on those little lighted icons too much.

Your request has been forwarded on to Steve.
Thanks Margaret, and apologies again.

Laurie

Posts: 169 | From: Northwest Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MargaretSPfan
Member # 3632

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MargaretSPfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laurie ---
Apology accepted. Glad you finally saw my post.

"Lighted icons"? Just one of the thousands of "bells and whistles" out there in Computerland that I don't eve know exist.

Yeah, some things can easily be overlooked. No problemo!

Here's hoping you folks will do what I request.

Posts: 211 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page