RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Open Discussion » That CNN Sh**tshow"

Author Topic: That CNN Sh**tshow"
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does The Journal columnist Peggy Noonan, a long time "Republican operative" since the Reagan Administration, ever tear into CNN:

Fair Use:
  • Well, that was a disaster, a politically historic one. It situated Donald Trump as the central figure of the 2024 presidential cycle, certainly more compelling than the incumbent or the other competitors. It will have an impact on the campaign’s trajectory.

When it was over I thought, of CNN: Once again they’ve made Trump real.

It was one of those events in which you understood within 45 seconds what you were seeing. He was greeted by a standing ovation. The audience didn’t surprise itself by doing this; it knew how it felt.

From that moment Mr. Trump dominated.

He was focused, high-energy, looked capable in his insane way. Tanned, rested and ready. Actually he looked pretty much as he did in 2016; on Wednesday night at least, age hadn’t taken the round side of its ball-peen hammer to him.
And for ready reference,"in case you missed it".

This whole 70 minutes was simply an "infomercial" with a good-looking interviewer, who I'm sure does quite well reading the script, or as overseas news sources such as the BBC refer to such a position, newsreader.

But Trump simply "walked all over her", and was "egged on" by the Trump leaning audience. Furthermore, she addressed Trump as "Mr. President", which is a title reserved solely for a sitting president (the title "President" belongs to any person who holds or has held the office).

All I can say is it would be nice if the Trump re-election committee paid CNN for that air time and that such was labeled as "paid political program".

Posts: 10422 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If CNN was this positive on Trump, I had better look for sunrise in the West tomorrow morning.
Posts: 2906 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irishchieftain
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irishchieftain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on what one means by “Republican”. The acronym RINO (“Republican In Name Only”) is not new; going back to the Eisenhower Administration, such people called themselves the “New Republicans”. And speaking of Reagan, in a 1960 letter to Nixon, he warned of such politicians, saying “No Republican, no matter how liberal, will woo a Democratic vote”; although that was and is most likely not the purpose such RINOs seek, but instead to appear as a fake opposition party for the purpose of political charade.
Posts: 719 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page