TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Open Discussion » Dianne Feinstein

Author Topic: Dianne Feinstein
irishchieftain
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irishchieftain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dies at age 90.

Google News

Posts: 762 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deepest sympathy to her family.

So far as the US Senate goes, probably just as well. You can be sure that Gov. Newsom (D-CA) has his appointment ready to go to fill out the term until the General Election on November 5, 2024. All according to this Times article.

Posts: 10523 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irishchieftain
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irishchieftain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Newsom’s pick is Laphonza Butler, former advisor to Kamala Harris’ 2020 presidential campaign and president of pro-abort EMILY’s List.
Posts: 762 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is Maureen's take on "Di Fi". Must say, I had never heard that term regarding Sen. Feinstein.

Fair Use:
quote:
WASHINGTON — I’ve always said that the Washington Monument is an apt symbol, a Freudian obelisk redolent of all the male egos that have shaped our capital.

To appreciate what Dianne Feinstein accomplished, you need to know how male this city was in 1992, when she was swept into Congress in the “Year of the Woman” as the 18th female senator in history.

That wave was buoyed by women’s anger at the vicious Republicans and inept Democrats on the white male Judiciary Committee overseeing the Clarence Thomas-Anita Hill hearings. A sexual harasser lied his way onto the Supreme Court, and now he is doing his best to corrupt it.

As I read it, while California law requires that a Special Election must be held, the date set for such is the same date as the General Election - Nov 5, 2024. Apparently Ms. Butler, noted immediately by Mr. Helfner, is going to Wash with the understanding that she will not be a candidate for US Senate in the General. Now will the "Freshman" - party notwithstanding, take office the day after the "Special/General" and have an "edge" on seniority over other "Freshman"?

This will be interesting to find out.

Posts: 10523 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pure hatred dripping off Maureen Dowd's pen is why I avoid her writings. Best recall there was no reality to be found in the Anita Hill claims, but that does not even slow Maureen down.

There appears to be virtually no qualifications in the choice of Butler other than being a black female (yes! we get to check two boxes with this one!) and her having extreme leftist views. There even appears to be a question as to whether she actually is a resident of California.

Posts: 2927 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irishchieftain
Member # 1473

Butler has the sexuality qualifications to boot.
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Well Mr. Helfner, apparently, she will be around only to fill out the unexpired term. Of course I know some around here will be quick to say "we'll see about that"!!

Who knows, maybe even a REPUBLICAN could be the Junior US Senator from "The Golden State" come January 3, 2025 in the 119th Congress.

All this may have a "tie=in" to whether Speaker McCarthy keeps his job. He needed support from Democrats to avert the Shutdown. Democrats cannot reasonably expect to have their choice (Rep Jefferies - D-NY8) as Speaker, so let there be enough of 'em to stand up for Speaker McCarthy - and, while we're at it, fill up the "favor book" during the 118th's Second Session.

addendum: the immediate thought was mine; but now I learn that The Times appears to agree.

George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gilbert B Norman:
Well Mr. Helfner, apparently, she will be around only to fill out the unexpired term. Of course I know some around here will be quick to say "we'll see about that"!!

Who knows, maybe even a REPUBLICAN could be the Junior US Senator from "The Golden State" come January 3, 2025 in the 119th Congress.

Now, that would be a major shock. Although, I have friends and in-laws in the Central Valley that would do all possible to make that happen.
Posts: 2927 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page