RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Open Discussion » Do NOT use 1800flowers!

Author Topic: Do NOT use 1800flowers!
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The people at 1800FLOWERS were supposed to deliver a basket of flowers to my wife at work yesterday (SURPRISE!). I ordered them on Tuesday before 8am for $50.00 + $16.50 shipping. She never received them. After spending an hour on hold last night (5:30-6:30), the person I talked to did not know what happened to my order. She was waiting on the incompetent fools at the florist in Houston that 1800flowers uses to call her back. She promised to call me back. She did not.

When I got up this morning, the 1800flowers.com order tracking webpage stated the flowers were delivered at 8:30PM last night... to a closed office... behind a locked gate. IOW the incompetent fools that 1800flowers uses in Houston lied.

I called 1800flowers during my lunch break today. After being on hold for 35 minutes, the woman I talked to called their Houston florist (the incompetent fools) and the florist stated that they needed another $30 to fill in the basket with more flowers. When I was allegedly told about that yesterday, and refused the additional charge, they canceled the order. If that was true, why did they post on the "track your order" page that the flowers were delivered at 8:30PM? I NEVER HAD ANY SUCH DISCUSSION WITH THESE MORONS!

1800flowers is refusing to give me the name of this florist. I want to confront them in my own special way. If you know who services 1800flowers in Houston, I want that information. It is somewhere near the Greenspoint area.

I highly recommend you do not use 1800flowers!

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you ever watch, "Undercover Boss"? They did an episode on this company. It's run by two brothers. I was not impressed by their internal "stuff"---it seemed like a sloppily run company.
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did not see the program, but I am not surprised.

They called me this Saturday and stated they were sending me a $20 off coupon via email and were refunding my money and asked if I wanted them to attempt to redeliver the flowers on Monday. I stated they did not attempt to make the first delivery, so it was impossible for a re-delivery attempt to happen. She apologized and asked if I wanted the flowers to be delivered. I said yes, if there was no charge. She asked me to hold while she checked. After a 5-7 minute wait, she came back on the phone and stated they could not deliver the flowers because the $70 had already been credited back to my CC.

What a scam!

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What????? I would put a challenge in with your credit card company. That's just not right..."Oops, we already charged your card---oh well!". What a way to run a company.

What I've done for flower deliveries that are outside of my area, is that I go to Yelp and put in "Flower Shops" and then the city. Then I can look at the reviews that people give, and I pick the best one and then call them directly. That way there is no middle-man and you're speaking directly with the local florist that makes the delivery.

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Already disputed the charges. FTC complaint happening this week.
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1-800-FLOWERS botched an important "drop" for me - to a friend who was about to have difficult surgery.

ProFlowers.com I have found to be reliable. My difficulty with them is that their incessant bombardment of spam from their affiliates retailers like "Sherri's Berries" and whatever else. The problem is of course is that if you have done business with them, they can bombard you. However, when the bombardments start from the affiliates, look carefully for "unsubscribe", they will honor it. You can eventually unsubscribe PtoFlowers as well, and when I did, they honored it.

When I need out of town flowers next, I'd be happy to use them again, and I'll just accept the "crap" of unsubscribe is just part of the drill.

However, my last three flowers order have been local and were placed with our in-town florist, that if the occasion ever arises to need flowers in this immediate area, I heartily recommend them.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page