RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Open Discussion » The VAX

Author Topic: The VAX
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is much reporting that a COVID-19 vaccine will receive regulatory approval by year's end. While, and rightly so, first in line will be health care, public safety, and other "frontliners", I think most participants here are above the median population age, meaning some will be "next up".

All told, will those VAXED be willing to engage in discretionary out of town overnight travel, be such air, auto, or rail?

For myself, I'd like "a little more" than simply being VAXED. I'd like to see indoor recreation resumed (dining, bars, public events) and I would like to see some kind of evidential matter given to those who have been VAXED to carry much as ID. I guess this would be a sort of redux of the World Health Organization "Yellow Card" on which your various immunizations were recorded. I still have mine, needed for a 1960 "family trip" to Europe.

Posts: 10176 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gilbert B Norman:
I guess this would be a sort of redux of the World Health Organization "Yellow Card" on which your various immunizations were recorded. I still have mine, needed for a 1960 "family trip" to Europe.

Remember that or something very similar from my tour to our southeast Asia vacationland in 1971, but at this point don't recall having to do similar in 1990 when I went to Taiwan to work. Was it still going on then and I just have forgotten, or had it ceased to be?
Posts: 2857 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2933

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moderator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here's another question --- will you be REQUIRED to become vaccinated before you can travel using public transportation in the future? I.E., fly and take Amtrak, etc.

You might say no, but Quantas has already said they plan for people to show their vaccine card in order to fly once everyone has had the chance to get it.

My feeling is yes. Maybe this time next year we will be talking about how you have to show your "vaccine card" in order to travel.

Posts: 169 | From: Northwest Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irishchieftain
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irishchieftain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That seems to have fizzled.

However, Biden seems to have said something interesting in the Roosevelt Room, while issuing the happy news that “vaccines” will be made available to children as young as six months. In reply to a question as to whether or not he will ask Congress for more COVID funding:
quote:
Well, we’ll get through at least this year. We do need more money. But we don’t just need more money for vaccines for children, eventually; we need more money to plan for the second pandemic.

There’s going to be another pandemic.
We have to think ahead. And that’s not something the last outfit did very well. That’s something we’ve been doing fairly well. That’s why we need the money. …

Why would he say something like that?
Posts: 642 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page