RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Western US » "No, No, No" Says Uncle Warren

Author Topic: "No, No, No" Says Uncle Warren
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uncle Warren wants the trade/service mark active to use on his 1:1 Lionel however he sees fit.

I'd dare say, the founders of this start up airline had never heard of the Northern Pacific Railroad. Lest we forget, it's been "dead" for now fifty two years.

Fair Use:
quote:
Northern Pacific Airways must stop using the Northern Pacific name due to a trademark infringement suit by BNSF Railway.

CEO of NPA, Rob McKinney, has decided not to fight the decision in order to minimize legal disputes and focus on moving passengers and providing jobs.

NPA is rebranding as New Pacific Airlines, aiming to differentiate while preserving certain elements.

In order to keep those trademarks active, there must be at least one unit of rolling stock so liveried. Perhaps this locomotive noted in the article fills the bill.

I'm certain this was a "good faith oversight", but in the meantime to the start up; "Happy Landings".

There was a Pacific Airlines (US; 1946-68) and a Vietnamese concern based in Saigon (VVTS/SGN) which is active at present, and also doing business as Pacific Airlines. To what extent the latter noted concern holds their trade name has been infringed upon by the start-up, I would have no idea.

Posts: 10508 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gilbert B Norman:
There was a Pacific Airlines (US; 1946-68) and a Vietnamese concern based in Saigon (VVTS/SGN) which is active at present, and also doing business as Pacific Airlines. To what extent the latter noted concern holds their trade name has been infringed upon by the start-up, I would have no idea.

They (the Vietnamese) won't care, and who will try to enforce it, if there is anything there to enforce. (I thought the North Vietnamese had decided to rename Saigon Ho Chih Minh City.)
Posts: 2922 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page