TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Central US » The Acadiana Railway

Author Topic: The Acadiana Railway
trainchaser
Member # 22435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trainchaser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AKDN is one of my favorite railroads. It is headquartered in Opelousas, Louisiana, about 30 miles from my home. It serves the rice mill in Crowley, the carbon black plant in Ville Platte, Louana Oil in Opelousas, and a few other businesses, including hydrocarbons. It runs some very old engines and seems at one moment to be in despair and the next rebuilding them to showroom perfection. It had been a month since I checked on AKDN. This is the ride report on that trip. CLICK THIS to come along: http://backrdbigpics.blogspot.com/2011/08/akdn-check-up-tracking-tracks-to-ville.html
More later, Steve

Posts: 21 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page