RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Had A Wonderful Trip!

Author Topic: Had A Wonderful Trip!
Sammy
Member # 2860

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got back last week from a GREAT trip. Took LSL from Rochester to Chicago, CZ to Emeryville, CS to Seattle, EB to Chicago and LSL home. We stayed two days in SanFrancisco, and two days in Seattle., both are beautiful cities. The CZ was 6 1/2 hours late and CS 1 1/2 late but everything else was pretty much on time. We all got an extra dinner on the #5 because of lateness. All the sleeping car passengers were seated in the dining car and they said, " we have 9 steaks, 12 lamb, 2 chicken, 5 burgers." and so on. Then they said who wants steak? And we had to raise our hands as to what we wanted. It got to be very funny. We had the best server ever, her name is Emelia. Our car attendant on #5, Dave, never stopped working. On #8 the car attendant was also exceptional his name is Eugene. Everyone else were more that average, but those three really stood out. Had standard rooms all the way until the EB, had room D, now I'm spoiled!
Ok, now the bad part. We had the SAME menu on every train!! Eight days of menu #5. Why would it be so hard to have one menu for all eastbound, one for all west bound, one for north and one more for southbound? They have three or four menus at a time anyway.
So thats it, only complaint is the menu!! Not bad for eight days of train for four people.

Posts: 26 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panamaclipper
Member # 3058

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for panamaclipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same think happened to me last month with the menu. Had #4 on the EB then same thing on Eagle. I thought the idea with the different menus is you wouldn't get stuck with the same food over and over.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page