RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » fav song to listen to on amtrak

Author Topic: fav song to listen to on amtrak
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for littletrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
since i love to listen to music while i am riding the rails, i was wondering what are some of your fav songs. mine JOJO -get out (leave) also anything by hilary duff
Posts: 117 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While ascending the Rockies on #5, California Zephyr" nothing would equal "Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi" (the opening choral passage) from Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana".
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sugar Ray, Yellowcard, Blink 182, Switchfoot
Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds heavenly Gilbert! Mine would be (if I were riding the Southwest Chief) "On the Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe".....I can dream can't I?
Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polarbearucla
Member # 2723

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for polarbearucla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
California Love - Tupac fet. Dr. Dre
Jesus Walks - Kanye West
Or any other Kanye song

For me the best music on a train is my favorite music, not train related music like Gilbert...i think the train is about having a good time, not celebrating the fact that you are confined within a steel car....

Posts: 108 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Songs "P.I.M.P." and "My Buddy" by 50 Cent, are good to listen to durring a nite time ride, any song from Dr.Drey's album 'The Chronic' are good, if your up riding the Train around 1:00 AM, the songs "I'm Gonna Kill You" and "Kim" by Eminem are good, and Snoop *** songs are good to, if your on the Train and its morning, some good songs for morning are "The Realist Killaz", "Popin Them Thangs", and "Go To Sleep *****" are good, and any music from G-Unit and D12 is good

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polarbearucla
Member # 2723

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for polarbearucla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about:
Llyod Banks - On Fire
Mace - Welcome Back
Pete Pablo - Freak a Leak

Posts: 108 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chubbes
Member # 3250

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chubbes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SONG TITLE________________-ARTIST________
1.The Train itself________-Amtrak
2.Crazy Train_____________-Ozzy Osbourne
3.The City of New Orleans_-Willie Nelson

[This message has been edited by chubbes (edited 07-15-2004).]

Posts: 98 | From: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the current #1 Sunset Limited running 43 hours late:

MTA by the Kingston Trio

"Charlie couldn't get off of that train....He's the man who never returned.....
Charlie's wife goes down to the ... station and hands Charlie a sandwich as the train goes ramblin' through".

Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We talked about some of this in a strand I started, but I think my most favorite is
Texas Eagle by Steve Earle & the Del McCoury Band, since it mentions those "Amtrak thaings." I also really like Orange Blossom Special by Vassar Clements with the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (on their album Will the Circle Be Unbroken), Folsam Prison Blues by Johnny Cash, Take the "A" Train by Duke Ellington, and Chattanooga Choo Choo by Glen Miller or Tex Beinecke or such (especially when I leave from Penn Station). And Homeward Bound by Simon & Garfunkel for the return trip

Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking about this for a few days and I realized something interesting. I love to listen to music in the car, especially on a road trip. I listen to the music on planes. But on the train just I like to listen to the sounds of the train. Its sort of my opportunity to retreat from the mass media for a day or so.

But what is really fun is when there are musicians among the passengers playing in the lounge car, as we had on our last trip. Doesn't happen very often, though. The only time I remember before that was circa 1977, when a hippie type fellow was playng guitar and singing folk songs. He was very good and had quite a crowd gathered. Alas, I got kicked out of the lounge car by a cranky bar attendant who accused me of trying to steal from his bar, when all I was doing was standing next to the door of his bar listening to the music.

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page