RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » My First Political Carton (Amtrak)

Author Topic: My First Political Carton (Amtrak)
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
forget it.

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In order for a political cartoon to be effective, there must be a grain of truth in it.

Try again.

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's an 8IG vacation???

Secondly Jonathon, I'm not sure how happy this site's owner will be to indefinitely store 90KB of this artwork. Maybe he should send you a bill for the bandwidth required to store it. As an alternative, suggest you post a URL Link to your source:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/CoastStarlight/Whitness.jpg

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zephyr
Member # 1651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zephyr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GBN: "What is an 8IG vacation???"

SoCal slang for a GR8 vacation.

Posts: 445 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpireBuilder
Member # 2036

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for EmpireBuilder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you realize the crookedness of some politicians with regards to Amtrak is a lot more complex than that.
Posts: 97 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHANGEATJAMAICA
Member # 3737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHANGEATJAMAICA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the subject;"political carton" was a misnomer. I thought he was trying to say "political cartoon". But after seeing the product, especially the size and shape of item drawn I guess it really was a "carton". It sure wasn't accurate or humrous; and "George" is a pretty big target to poke fun at. But what the he**, maybe with a little more practice you'll get the hang of it. But for now; a Walt Kelly you're not.
Posts: 83 | From: MERRIMAC,MA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading the previous remarks I had to weigh in with the following points:
1. I thought a cartoonist expressd his or her point of view regardless of what the rest of us think.(think Doonsbury) 2.I think we should congratulate Jonathon for not being afraid to try his wings. 3. Jonathon, since you are obviously so interested in art and seem to have at least the beginnings of some talent perhaps you could find a teacher either in or out of school to work with you. If this is what you are really interested in doing then don't let negative remarks discourage you. 3. I don't know about the rest of you but in our neck of the woods we have trouble with gangs and murders so anything that encourages young people to do somethng constructive should be pursued.

Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gilbert B Norman:
What's an 8IG vacation???

Secondly Jonathon, I'm not sure how happy this site's owner will be to indefinitely store 90KB of this artwork. Maybe he should send you a bill for the bandwidth required to store it. As an alternative, suggest you post a URL Link to your source:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/CoastStarlight/Whitness.jpg

Thats a B not a 8

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jonathan,

I'm not sure the money saved by eliminating Amtrak would wind up funding presidential vacations.

If you wanted to give the knife a little twist, heighten the degree of irony by having that money go somewhere else instead........

For instance "You could spend that money on another trip to visit hurricane victims" or my personal favorite....."the money you save would buy enough gas to run your presidential convoy for another two weeks."

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MontanaJim
Member # 2323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MontanaJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geez many of you guys are pretty harsh. I thought the cartoon was a little funny. It was just a cartoon! Like the train lady said, keep working on it, Jonathan!
Posts: 416 | From: St. Albans, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Thanx

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

zephyr
Member # 1651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zephyr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, gee...I think we've taken a big step toward becoming the New Age Amtrak Forum. Isn't it GR8?
Posts: 445 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking the Pres could have stated...

Great!! Now we can repave another 5 miles of I-95 through Jersey!

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Chief
Member # 2172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Chief     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dilbert B Norman:
...to indefinitely store 90KB of this artwork. Maybe he should send you a bill for the bandwidth

90K is nothing. That's like three photos. Let's not stifle youthful zeal and creativity.

--------------------
_ _ __ _ _ ŤĦę ĊĦĪĘҒ
_|_|_|_|_|

Posts: 190 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that its a good first effort. But I also agree that Mike Smith's suggested line would have a little more zing.

Jonathon, keep plugging along and develop a thick skin. "The mental arrow shot from another's bow is practically harmless unless our own thought barbs it." -Mary Baker Eddy

--------------------
The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Thanx for the Support- Mr.Toy TrainLady MontanaJim-

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page