RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » What you look like

Author Topic: What you look like
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed alot of other Railroad Forums have a topic where members Post there picture, so I thought I'd start first, this was taken one day when I got bored,

-

So what do you look like?

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Railroad Bob
Member # 3508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Railroad Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jon, thanks for posting. That old Sunset Limited cap is hard to get now and a real collector's item. I've got one, also. Sorry, I don't have my pic to post.
Posts: 588 | From: East San Diego County, CA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
neat- its a pretty cool Hat, but I dont wear it usualy, ya' know, to keep it good lookin' [Smile]

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHATTER
Member # 1185

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for CHATTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neat idea for a thread. Mine is attached below.
 -

Posts: 255 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chatter, you are the spit and image of my husband!!!
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CHATTER:

-

Gee Mr. Chatter,

Did you enjoy your trip stowed away on the '20th Century Limited'?

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm brave enough to show an unretouched photo.

-

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Nice shot! you got the most of The Train in the picture to

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

kenchappell
Member # 2245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenchappell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CHATTER:

-

Posts: 28 | From: Bristol England | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenchappell
Member # 2245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenchappell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You bear a strong resemblance to someone who was born in my home city of Bristol England !!!!
Posts: 28 | From: Bristol England | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve O.
Member # 2993

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me at ATL with #19...not a great pic but at least it has a train in it...

-

--------------------
Good morning America, how are ya?

44,950 Amtrak rail miles traveled since August 18, 2003.

Posts: 135 | From: Atlanta, GA / New Orleans, LA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunsetLtd
Member # 3985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunsetLtd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you upload a picture?

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Amsunset

www.facebook.com/kevinschillinger

Posts: 250 | From: Texas State University-San Marcos, Texas (Hometown El Paso, TX) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris Guenzler aka chrisg
 -

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tzena and I in the diner... {profile picture}

-

edited to update picture

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
ummmm, I think you mite have the rong picture

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a pic from July 2005, I am now 6"0...(Im actually in the back of Union Station by the Amtrak Human Resources Office.

..Hmm I just tried to upload it and it gave me this message: ERROR
Hack attempt logged or corrupt member file found

If you continue to have problems, please send email with the above error message to the moderator of this railforum site at support@trainweb.com. Thank you for the taking time to report an error.

SO..go here instead:

http://www.trainweb.org/coaststarlight99/About_me.htm

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by CoastStarlight99:

..Hmm I just tried to upload it and it gave me this message: ERROR
Hack attempt logged or corrupt member file found

If you continue to have problems, please send email with the above error message to the moderator of this railforum site at support@trainweb.com. Thank you for the taking time to report an error.

its been doing that for over a month now

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

dmwnc1959
Member # 2803

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmwnc1959     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried posting a picture but it was too scary and may frighten pets and small children. [Cool]

www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=43190821403.653157007203.1130664814917&photoid=215267007203&view=1&page=1&sort_order=1&albumsperpage=12&navfolderid=2 005

Posts: 497 | From: Clarksburg, West Virginia | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Chatter et al--

After watching you last night traveling on a heading of 337 on an array of modes, including rail, you darned near "went off a cliff' to save Mrs Thornhill.

Incidentally, you will repeat the performance 6PM ET today @ Turner Classic.

Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dmwnc1959

there was no way to view your picture in that format.

Chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmwnc1959
Member # 2803

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmwnc1959     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg:
dmwnc1959

there was no way to view your picture in that format.

Chris

Buggers...if I knew how to post a pic I could do it that way... [Confused]

--------------------
The best part of life is the journey, not the destination.

Posts: 497 | From: Clarksburg, West Virginia | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If someone tells me how to copy a picture from a Microsoft Photo Editor file into this reply box, I'll have a photo for you.

--Rich K

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Photo 66 of 83 is Miss Vickie (HopefulRailUser) and myself

BTW, the photographer was Mr. HopefulRailUser, AKA Mr. Art.

Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Gil - you sure know how to update old threads - and I don't mean your impecable outfit in that picture.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdchops
Member # 6669

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdchops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im brave enough to show my ugly face.

a friend of mine wants to take a cruise out of Los Angeles in March, but I'd much rather take the Empire Builder from Seattle to Chicago....ug...Bon Voyage...looks like im leaving out of the port of Los Angeles....

http://www.myspace.com/birdstew

Posts: 54 | From: Saint Louis | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My photo can be found at my web site:

http://www.railroadrich.com

(I haven't looekd at my own web site for several weeks now.....)

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy McFarland
Member # 4435

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy McFarland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://web.mac.com/dnalrafcm

I'm the one in the pale aqua coat and glasses. The cute redhead is my daughter Colleen. (the stuffed & furry ones are my other "grandchildren")

--------------------
My new "default" station (EKH) has no baggage service or QuikTrak machine, but the parking is free! And the NY Central RR Museum is just across the tracks (but not open at Amtrak train times. . ..)

Posts: 337 | From: Goshen, IN | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Southwest Chief
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Southwest Chief   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow oldie post. Here's myself in the cab of D&SNGRR #486:
 -

Since this is an oldie post how about an oldie photo. My very first train trip, Empire Builder June 1980.
 -

--------------------
Matt
Visit gallery for photos of our train layouts

Posts: 579 | From: San Bernardino Subdivison | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cubzo
Member # 4700

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cubzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A pic of me standing next to the chief in ABQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozbuc/2041229069/in/set-72157603228299264/

Posts: 229 | From: Long Beach CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TBlack
Member # 181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TBlack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Jonathan, see if you can see this:

http://harvard.facebook.com/profile.php?id=671991742

Posts: 518 | From: Maynard, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHATTER
Member # 1185

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHATTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Updated mine, to show later years.
 -

Posts: 255 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deaar Chatter, and I am queen Victoria. I am not sending a picture since WE ARE NOT AMUSED!!!
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hsr_fan
Member # 6881

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hsr_fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?image=icemunich9iabbl4.jpg

--------------------
Matt Johnson

Posts: 9 | From: Northeast Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page