RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » ECONOMY ROOM (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ECONOMY ROOM
salmon_beach_amtrak
Member # 1585

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for salmon_beach_amtrak   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never been on a Viewliner, as they don't run them up here in the Pacific Northwest. I have a track by my house that runs the Cascades talgo and the Coast Starlight on the Narrows in Tacoma, WA. All the time that I have lived here, I have never seen a viewliner come through. All I have seen is talgo trainsets with an F59PH-I on one end and a cabbage at the other, the Coast Starlight (which is often more than 3 hours late) that has superliners and P42 power, and rarely a few Amfleet coaches that are running with a F40 on a special assignment or something. I've been on the Coast Starlight twice (both #14), the Pioneer (now discontinued) twice, the Cascades once, and the Empire Builder once (#8). No viewliners. As for the economy sleeper, I think it is worth the money. I am in a family of four, which is going on the Empire Builder (#8) this summer. We have 2 economy rooms, as the family room's beds are too short. All of the other times we have gone sleeper on Superliner was in the family room. The family room is good because it has a small closet you can squeeze a suitcase into. Another good thing about the family room-- it has windows on both sides (these are smaller than normal though). The Coast Starlight is a very nice train---superb service, great food, Pacific Parlour car was nice (only for sleeping car passengers though), and best of all, our car attendant was very courteous and funny. He really topped off our trip.
Posts: 5 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page