RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Where Are They Now?

Author Topic: Where Are They Now?
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A year has past and the LD system remains intact:

http://www.railforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/11/3988.html#000000

Mr. Marderosian's account here at Railforum remains active, but he has not posted since he played Sarah the Soothsayer; his account is also active at Railroad.net, but he has not posted there since May '06 (he never posted his "topper' there; he knew better as I was then serving as Moderator of that site's Amtrak Forum).

Trainorders closed his account.

Posts: 9979 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boyce
Member # 2719

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boyce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I well remember the furor surrounding his "doomsday" prophesies. I guess he just faded into the woodwork when they didn't pan out. Personally, I don't care where he is now.
Posts: 113 | From: San Antonio, Texas,USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My other 'weakness' is that I am a second generation Kentucky basketball fan.

Recently, as Kentucky was seeking a new coach, many posters showed up on the message boards citing mysterious 'inside sources'......it became a sick inside joke. IE: My brother has a friend who's first cousin works at the Scott County Airport and he says Billy Donovan flew in on a privte jet at yada, yada, yada....

Citing a 'secret' inside source who has better information than NARP who was intentionally trying to mislead us.......

I mean.....really now.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wayne72145
Member # 4503

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wayne72145     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took my first train trip in June '02 from Reno to Boston round trip, COACH. My friends in Reno told me not to get used to Amtrak because it was nearly over, and I have been hearing that since. The only decline I've witnessed in that time is the suspension of the Sunset from New Orleans east, other than that it just keeps on going. Much to my delight.
Posts: 139 | From: myrtle creek oregon | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And it better keep on going! At least they are trying some things, like having Grandluxe attached to some LD trains.I hope this will lower their costs. Time will tell.
Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Brown
Member # 4724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every cause has a few people on the fringes. Still, I can't imagine what this guy was hoping to gain. His own web site/organization seems to be gone also. One thing I noticed as I read through the thread was that he seemed more intent on calling attention to himself that really laying out anything that made a lot of sense.

And of course Amtrak keeps humming along. Albeit with a few less perks and services. With all the recently remodeled stations I've seen, I can't see how Amtrak is "dying". If anything I's prospering right now.

--------------------
Chuck

“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen

Posts: 80 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually remember hearing about Mr. Marderosian when I lived in Michigan, but I don't believe I ever met him personally. I too have wondered what became of him since his "doomsday posts" of last year -- he's probably still amongst us, with a different screen name now, and doesn't dare say anything else about his "inside sources" and AMTRAK predictions to us here.

Maybe he'll resurface and tell us that the Sunset East in coming back!!! (ha!) [Wink]

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page