RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Leaving Tonight

Author Topic: Leaving Tonight
TALKrr
Member # 683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TALKrr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally I depart tonight for my trip out to Fullerton. I will take the Capitol to Chicago and switch there to the Chief.

I have done this trip numerous times but of course every trip is different. Fortunately, I have had fairly good luck with the crews and conditions on both trains.

This will only be about my second experience with the simplified dining service. I was very disappointed with it on the Starlight a while back. Hopefully my reaction will be more positive this time. I know that I must lower my expectations.

Will offer a full trip report upon return.

Pittsburgh will be my start and end point , by the way.

Posts: 187 | From: Pittsburgh , PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeeCT
Member # 3241

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeeCT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talkrr -

Do have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Dee (who is counting the days {66} until my next LD trip)

Posts: 460 | From: North Central CT | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TALKrr:
Pittsburgh will be my start and end point , by the way.

Reminds me of the old joke:
Customer: I'd like to buy a return [round trip] ticket please.
Ticket seller: Where to?
Customer: Why, here of course!

Enjoy the trip.

Geoff M.

--------------------
Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Talk - have a great trip!! We are looking forward to your report!!
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a great trip, and do "TalkRR" afterward--tell us all the high points (and any low ones, hope there aren't any!)
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page