RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » amtrak trip booked

Author Topic: amtrak trip booked
Steve O.
Member # 2993

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been suffering from Amtrak withdrawls recently so I just booked a trip from Milwaukee Airport station to Chicago to Washington D.C to BWI Airport station. Flying from ATL to MKA and then back from BWI.

Taking the Capitol Limited from CHI to WAS. It will be my first time on that train. From what I understand it's a pretty scenic route between Pittsburgh and D.C. I have a sleeper in car 3000...anyone know where that car is located in the consist?

--------------------
Good morning America, how are ya?

44,950 Amtrak rail miles traveled since August 18, 2003.

Posts: 135 | From: Atlanta, GA / New Orleans, LA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Car (line) 3000 would be the closest Sleeper to the Diner.

Also IATA code for Milwaukee Mitchell Field is MKE (ICAO is KMKE) vice MKA. The latter is the Amtrak station code for Milwuakee Airport.

Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve O.
Member # 2993

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MKE...yeah, seeing as how I worked for the airlines for 5 years, you would think I would have got that right. Honest mistake. [Smile]

Thanks for the info!

--------------------

Posts: 135 | From: Atlanta, GA / New Orleans, LA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can spare the time, linger a bit on the pedestrian bridge over the tracks at BWI. It's a nice train-watching location.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve O.
Member # 2993

Member Rated:
notelvis, I should have a good hour to kill at least before I would have to make my way over to the airport. I will do that! Sounds better than sitting in an airport terminal, anyway.

--------------------

train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Car 3000 is the car with my 2 favorite attendents. Larry and Nathan. We have ridden with larry so many times he calls us by first names and knows just what we need without our asking. Nathan took care of me when I got so sick coming home from Denver. He treated me as if I were a menber of his family. He told me that Larry trained him. At any rate you will be very lucky if you get either of these two.
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page