RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Obama on Amtrak (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Obama on Amtrak
irishchieftain
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irishchieftain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We have gone from Obama and Amtrak to lightbulbs
They're about the same, to politicians.
Posts: 566 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. "Good grief that we have veered so ridiculously off topic." Now we know what you are talking about. We are dense, you see; we move our lips when we read, and we need signposts to what's in front of us. Meaningless interjections do not help.
Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruckTrains
Member # 6938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruckTrains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heck yea! Thats great news, glad to see that

--------------------
Train Horns&
Air Horns

Posts: 24 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amtraxmaniac
Member # 2251

Icon 10 posted      Profile for amtraxmaniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This laughs on me...the next one, I'll have to charge yall for it. LOL. Just Kidding. I think this thread has maybe run its course. Does anyone else have anything else to say about OBAMA AND AMTRAK?????
Posts: 387 | From: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss MITT.
Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder what Obama Girl's position on any issue of any substance.
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last I looked, Obama Girl's position was, well, not quite within the bounds of good taste, but I don't think I would move to the next car if I encountered her on an Amtrak train.

(Trying to keep this thread relevant . . .)

Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CoastStarlight99:
I miss MITT.

We might just see him again as the VP on the McCain ticket.
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Kisor, let the record show that I edited that posting "once or twice" in order to ensure best possible taste.

Of interest, somewhere I learned that there is a possibility "Obama Girl" is the first Republican "Swift Boat" of this campaign.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irishchieftain
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irishchieftain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Obama Girl" is a Milli Vanilli-like artifice. One woman sings, and a model lip-synchs.

In spite of some of the media rumblings to the contrary, something tells me that Pastor Jeremiah Wright of the TUCC is a greater campaign liability.

Posts: 566 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4021North
Member # 4081

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4021North     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting back to the light bulb topic, anyone interested in energy conservation should know that people are encouraged to turn off their lights for one hour from 8:00PM to 9:00PM local time tonight. This is to heighten awareness that energy can be saved by turning off lights when they are not needed.
Posts: 144 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PullmanCo
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PullmanCo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since I'm out of the house taking son to a live theatre performance, that's a "too easy to do" kind of thing.
Posts: 1404 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heyitsme_23
Member # 7217

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for heyitsme_23   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lights are nothing in the energy world, considering 1 standard incandescent bulb is usually 60-90 watts, a fluorescent bulb is around 10 watts, and the new LED bulbs get an amazing 1 watt. A vacuum, microwave, or heater uses 500-1000 watts, and it goes up from there with other standard household appliances.

Now if you told everyone in Phoenix to turn off their AC for an hour, now were talking energy saving.

Posts: 13 | From: Glenwood Springs, CO | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amtraxmaniac
Member # 2251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtraxmaniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm wondering how much energy could be saved by businesses being required to decrease there operating hours by 30 minutes per day...just a thought. Would it hurt businesses like 7-11 to be open 23 hours per day rather than 24? What if businesses would open at 9am rather than 8am? How much energy could be saved?

--------------------
Patrick

Posts: 387 | From: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page