RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Went on a little get away and took some pix ;D

Author Topic: Went on a little get away and took some pix ;D
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not enough room to post the pix here, but heres a link to My trip to Sacramento on the Starlight

http://www.moccforums.com/forums/index.php/topic,22050.0.html

LOTS of pix, so be patient [Smile]

Enjoy

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HillsideStation
Member # 6386

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HillsideStation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pictures are professional quality, the spelling is kindergarten 101.
Posts: 112 | From: Merrimac, MA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2933

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moderator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pictures, Jonathon, you never disappoint.
Posts: 169 | From: Northwest Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your night photos and the ones inside the railroad museum are particularly stunning. Thanks for sharing them with us.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice pictures. Sorry to hear about your dad breaking his arm---ouch!

I've been in that candy store with the barrels many times. Good stuff.

I also see that the Starlight has gone to using regular drinking glasses (made from glass, and not disposable plastic) as well as "real" coffee cups. That's a nice change.

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JONATHON; How about an update regarding your Father's condition?

That you chose to share such with us at this Forum, simply "trumps" any discussion of the "choo-choos".

Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a nice photo log. Hope your Dad is on the mend. Thank you Jonathan.
Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Chief
Member # 2172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Chief     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jonathon
The Coast Starlight photos are my faves and then the RR Museum pics are next. Sorry that you broke your dad's arm,,,HA!

In 2006 I arrived in St. Paul on the Empire Builder from Seattle and 90 minutes later suffered a Grade II ankle sprain and ligament tear when I rolled my ankle stepping off a city bus onto a crappy city sidewalk.

The rest of the MSP trip -- and the flight home -- I hobbled on crutches, except at the Lake Superior Railroad Museum located in the old Union Depot in Duluth, Minnesota. They had a wheelchair available and my daughter pushed me around, then wheeled me around. The ankle was sore and the painkillers allowed me to get a preview of how I may be a curmudgeon when I get old. Glad your Dad is doing better!

p.s. California State Railroad Museum is better than Lake Superior; however I'm glad I went to both.

--------------------
_ _ __ _ _ ŤĦę ĊĦĪĘҒ
_|_|_|_|_|

Posts: 190 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome photos! Correct spelling is highly over-rated. Thanks!!
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, yea sorry, I've gotten so used to car forums wear no one realy cars about grammer, and as for my Dad, hes doing just fine now, Thank you guys so much for asking, Things have been kinda all over the place and havnt been around on this forum for quite awhile, but yea, def a great trip and had tons of fun, hopefully it wont be to long before the next one [Big Grin]

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are really getting good at this picture taking thing, Jonathon...
Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Y thank you!

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page