RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » A Few Rail Photos from My Recent Trip

Author Topic: A Few Rail Photos from My Recent Trip
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a few photos, most of you are familiar with the scenes but they may be of interest to some. This was the trip from LAX to BOS on the SWC and LSL. Then NEC between cities in the east and finally the Silver Meteor.

You can access them here:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=925380272606%3A63271272&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=Share-_-Personal-_-Email-_-Sharer-_-Top

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pictures. That's the first time I've seen a picture of GBN..looks nothing like I pictured in my mind. Isn't it funny how we have a picture of what someone looks like in our head, and then when we see the person it's totally different? I wonder what people think I look like. [Smile]

Quite a difference between your train bed and your hotel bed, that's for sure! I never have liked the idea of the toilet right there next to you in the room like that on the Viewliners. Yuck...

Union Station in DC sure is beautiful. I wish all train stations were like that.

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RR4me
Member # 6052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RR4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed the slideshow. Agree with Smitty on the train stations.
Posts: 406 | From: La Grange, CA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pictures, Vicki!! Glad you had a nice trip!
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PullmanCo
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PullmanCo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two comments:

BACK TO THE DOUBLE SLUMBERCOACH!!! I see Amtrak is retrofitting SL economy rooms with a standard sink/hopper combination, yes?

At least the Pullman Company got the idea right: At night, the hopper is inaccesible and you use the general toilet down the hall. The good news is you got a full size bed!

Sigh.

Posts: 1404 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, that sink/hopper compbo was on the LSL not the SWC. I didn't like it because it made the seat very narrow. The Superliner Roomette seats are much more comfortable. Sadly, I need the extra room!

--------------------

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Vicki. I hope you enjoyed Philadelphia as much as your other city visits on this trip.
Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just looked at your pictures, Vicki. Good photos of two of Amtrak's best. I'm surprised there aren't more pictures of the Great Hall in Chicago, but then why would you when you can capture our debonair Mr. Norman instead.
Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flattery gets one everywhere, Mr. Palmland.

Now that I have a pocketcam myself (Sony Cybershot), do I get to take a photo of Miss Mary at same location?

Posts: 9977 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mary instead of moi??
Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....AND moi
Posts: 9977 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
20th Century, loved Philly. Actually loved all the cities. So different from Southern California.

Palmland, I could say the the presence of GBN dazzled me so much that I forgot to take other photos. But, although that was true, I had also done a lot of photos there on my first visit a few years ago. It is indeed a beautiful place.

--------------------

yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice slide show, Vicki.

I really liked the ones of Washington, DC Union Station.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page