RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Happy Thanksgiving

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to all of the forum . I wish you good weather,good food and happy dreams of trains.
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the same from here in sunny and cool SBA!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all --

Frank

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Kisor
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Kisor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We pardoned the turkey and are having capon instead for a change. But we're also having sweet potatoes and mince pie and cranberry sauce and . . .

Enjoy the day, fellow foamers.

Posts: 2236 | From: Evanston, Ill. and Ontonagon, Mich. | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cubzo
Member # 4700

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cubzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And to the rest you all as well. Hmm capon is on my bucket list to cook on my smoker.
Posts: 229 | From: Long Beach CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We scored an invite to visit some friends nearby for Thanksgiving dinner at their house. No cooking or dishes for us, which makes us happy and our cats disappointed.

Happy turkey day to all!

Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Thanksgiving to all! My stomach is already rumbling in anticipation of today's food. I wonder if Amtrak still serves a turkey special on Thanksgiving?
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Good Morning America, yes, Amtrak is indeed serving a Thanksgiving meal on overnight trains:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/thanksgiving-train-travel-railroads-busiest-day-15013983

It's a bit funny that she's reporting on Amtrak's busiest day of the year while live inside of an almost empty coach. I know it gets busier down the line and later in the day, but just a little funny to watch.

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, interesting to learn where (stage name) Ginger Zee turned up; she was until about two months ago the Local NBC station's 'weather girl'. Funny how the replacement named Cheryl Scott, is a 'dead ringer', but then I guess that is how "weather girls' are supposed to look.

I've heard it said that in media "the only way up is out'.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the first time ever our Thanksgiving Dinner is coming ready made from the grocery store! Gelson's, a moderately upscale Southern California chain, had such a good deal we went for it. It all came nicely packaged with very clear instructions for reheating.

I've never had the Amtrak Thanksgiving Dinner but United Airlines used to have a very good one, boarded mostly for crew but available to passengers if you asked nicely and Royal Caribbean has a great one as part of the regular seven day menu cycle.

Miss Vicki and Mr. Art are celebrating in Cagliari, Italy. Turkey pasta, anyone?

Frank in overcast and cool SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Thanksgiving to you trainlady - Mary sends her best - and to all others on the forum who enjoy travel on the rails, be it Amtrak or cable car.

Now to that apple/cherry pie with mint chocolate chip ice cream that I can finally squeeze in. I think I'll actually look forward to getting back to the gym tomorrow.

Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gobble Gobble Wobble Wobble -

A status report for the day after Thanksgiving!

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner. We dined out at the Inn at Washington's Crossing. George supposedly crossed the Delaware here. But now I miss the leftovers. Sooo,Sunday we will have a turkey dinner at home!
Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page