RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Link to European Rail Photographs

Author Topic: Link to European Rail Photographs
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- I have just added an album of photos to Flickr for people who can access those rather than Facebook ...... -

Flickr Album

Hello Everyone....... and thanks to Mr. Norman for reaching out via email. Our trip was longer ago than I had realized....really.

My wife, daughter, and I had a wonderful vacation in Europe traveling mostly by train in June. I've experienced ICE's, TGV's, and delightful branchline locals. We experienced a European Bustitution as well between Chambery, France and Geneva. I think it may have been due to trackwork but it may have been a strike...... my high school French is 35 years old but I did understand the helpful SNCF agent to say - "Ahhhhh Geneve, you must take the.....how say?...... Ze BUS!"

Below is a link to an album of my train photos for those of you who can access Facebook. I will try to get some on another platform such as flickr within a week or so because I know not everyone here can access Facebook. Overlook, if you will, the 30-year old drum and bugle corps photographs. Those are in place for conversation with old friends with the Drum Corps International championships in Indianapolis this week.

As for my absence from the forum..... three days before the end of our trip, while in Switzerland, we received word that my mother had passed away unexpectedly at her home. July has flown by dealing with Memorials and beginning to settle estate matters. It has been a sad time in which chatting about Amtrak has not really been on my radar...... and tomorrow involves meetings with my Mom's accountant, the Clerk of Court's office, and a grave marker dealer...... won't be thinking much about trains tomorrow either.

European Train Geek Album

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David--

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss as I'm sure the rest of your "family" here is.

Frank in SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, our condolences and prayers for you your family.

Hope to see you back on the forum with more tales of your trip.

Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, condolences to you and yours. I know what "estate matters" are, as my wife was her father's executrix when he passed, and dealing with attorneys, creditors, and family almost made her a basket case. Anyway, welcome back.
Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for the condolences....... I imagine my presence will still be 'spotty' as we move forward on matters of estate and begin a new school year...... but it's good for this enjoyable distraction again!

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sympathy and condolences as well, David. I hope the forum will be an enjoyable distraction.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerome Nicholson
Member # 3116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerome Nicholson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. I'm not sure which is worse - losing a loved one unexpectedly or having one go after a long illness. At least the latter can be seen as a kind of relief.
Posts: 510 | From: Richmond VA USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David -- so sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I am glad you had an enjoyable trip to Europe.
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I noted privately, as well as at another topic, my deepest condolences.

GBN

Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page