RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Open Discussion » Please Joe (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Please Joe
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though as I write this, it hasn't formally happened, Nikki will "suspend" her campaign today. Whether or not she endorses Trump remains to be seen. Under the Constitution (assuming it too has not been "suspended"), she won't have to face Trump when she likely runs again in '28.

So, absent that Joe "abdicates" on Thursday as part of the SOTU, and as columnist Maureen Dowd is hoping for, we're heading for a "rematch".

Posts: 10622 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irishchieftain
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irishchieftain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suspension is official.

Edit: Apparently she did not endorse Trump.

Posts: 784 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe, what were you "high on" delivering the SOTU?

The whole performance "simply wasn't you". Just because Trump is a "circus barker" and "showman" doesn’t make you such.

That was your last chance to step down, which would have resulted in an "Open Convention".

It would be a drastic step on my part, but my Presidential vote just might be "present". Of course I'll show up to vote - both Primary and General - as I do want to support Rep. Sean Casten (D-IL6) and even if County and Local elections are a "zees iez how ve do it in zee Old Country" charade, we have some important Referenda on the ballot as well.

Posts: 10622 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was fighting "ire with ire." See what I did there? A vote for present is a vote for Trump.

--------------------
Ocala Mike

Posts: 1543 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
One friend, who's "all over me" when I shared my intent to cast a "present" vote, did just that during '08. She was so enamored with Hillary and wanted her so badly, that she couldn't vote for anyone else and, acknowledging her duty to vote, did so with a write in "present".

"Present" signifies that I recognize my duty to vote, but I don't want either one of 'em. I once did vote Third Party - Anderson '80 - because I simply "wasn't ready for Reagan" (was in '84). I have held since then that I threw my vote away, but at least I selected a recognized candidate, who I think represented the third strongest such challenge in the past 100 years (1 Perot, 2 TR, 3 Anderson).

I reiterate, so far as I'm concerned, I think Joe was "on something" and I was only giving him a 50-50 that he would make it through the SOTU Address. I realize there has been favorable media comments (well, the media I am familiar with), but somebody decided to make Joe into a "Manchurian Candidate" of sorts.

Finally, as I previously noted, Trump is a natural "circus barker"; Joe simply isn't.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page