RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Starlight to KFS starting April 15 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Starlight to KFS starting April 15
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NARP reported today:

Effective with the northbound departure of train #14 from Los Angeles on
Tuesday, April 15, and the southbound departure of train #11 from Seattle on
Wednesday, April 16,

* Amtrak will operate a full-service Coast Starlight between Los Angeles and
Klamath Falls, OR.
* A bus bridge will operate between Klamath Falls and Eugene (stopping in
Chemult).
* A connecting coach-and-café train will operate between Eugene and Seattle.
* All of the above will carry local passengers in both directions.
* Thruways between Klamath Falls-Medford and Chemult-Bend-Redmond will be
restored.
* The Klamath Falls-Pasco Thruway connection to the eastbound Empire Builder
will also be restored. (The westbound connection is made at Portland.)

The Pacific Parlour cars (for sleeper passengers) are undergoing renovation for
the relaunch of the Coast Starlight and are not scheduled to operate. Amtrak
has not announced a decision on when to relaunch the Coast Starlight with
upgraded amenities, but signage in certain stations advertise a "mid-2008"
relaunch (previous literature had advertised May 10 as the relaunch date).

Union Pacific continues to make progress on rebuilding the railroad and limited
freight train service has resumed. UP has not committed to a date for allowing
the Coast Starlight to use the route as the mountain is still unstable.

In other news, events for National Train Day on Saturday, May 10 are taking
shape. You can visit a special page on NARP's website to get information about
events across the country. Get involved!

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can only hope that the extended routing results from Union Pacific and their contractors vacating 'suitable lodging' in KFalls to enable Amtrak to lodge On-Board crews and not from "caving in" to the advocacy groups that have been ranting for this extension.

I'm sure the "usual suspects" will be heralding in their publications and at their websites "look what we got Amtrak to do"; "stand and fight"; "join us in our noble cause" "trains forever".

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GBN, UP and their contractors are in Oakridge, which is nowhere near Klamath Falls. Certainly not close enough to house workers fixing the tracks.

Amtrak's statements thus far indicate that they weighed the cost of providing turning service at Klamath Falls vs the potential lost revenue at peak season. I assume they figured the numbers were in their favor at this time of year.

As for the sarcastic remarks about the organizations I am part of, I fully expect these organizations to represent my interests, and generally they do. I can't say how much influence they had over Amtrak on this matter, so it may or may not have been a factor in Amtrak's decision.

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Toy:
As for the sarcastic remarks about the organizations I am part of, I fully expect these organizations to represent my interests, and generally they do.

Mr. Toy, I should be more respectful that all citizens and resident aliens have First Amendment rights to petition the government, either as individuals or as a group, any advocacy group, rail passenger or otherwise, is fulfilling the Right to petition as a group.

Personally, when NARP was organized now over 40 years ago, I read their promotional material, but all too much of it seemed 'fight on the beaches fight on the sands to save the Podunk Local". I decided then I would have no use for this outfit. Reviewing their latter day activities such as their "connect the dots" charade further affirms my position.

The rantings of the RAILPAC organization were simply diverting Amtrak management from their Daily tasks of efficiently operating West Coast passenger services - all of which save the Starlight - are locally funded. The time that the the West Coast Amtrak executive, Mr. Dealey(?), had to spend addressing their rants regarding the Starlight's truncated service and amenities were simply taking his time away from what counts - and what the people of CA, OR, and WA were paying him to do.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amtraxmaniac
Member # 2251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtraxmaniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Podunk Local matters a lot to the citizens of Podunk. It brings business to Podunk. Not only that, it gets the citizens of Podunk to their vitally important jobs and services in Metropolis. GBN: try to place yourself in the shoes of the Podunkie citizen. We can't just book a flight on Air America and fly to our destination and the interstate system that runs through Podunk is in poor repair. What options do we have? That Hound company maybe?

In terms of 'these organizations' you refer to and them wasting Mr Dealey's time, dealing with such groups as RAILPAC should come with the territory. As the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

--------------------
Patrick

Posts: 387 | From: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Patrick, during 1967, it appeared that the the Builders, Chiefs, and Cities were all "safe", but now almost forty years after A-Day, the role of rail passenger service in the 21st century is clearly seen as commuter and Corridors. It is simply not the LD passenger train.

But I must acknowledge that so long as "the ways of Washington" are as they are, the existing 'skeleton" LD system is safe as it is the catalyst for ensuring Federal level funding of the only thing Amtrak has that really counts - and that is of course the NorthEast Corridor.

My complaint with the advocacy groups is that 'they don't get it". They should be leading the charge to relieve the Treasury of having to fund $300M of LD train deficits and the Class I industry of their indirect subsidy by allowing access paid for at less than the opportunity cost of such, and having that $300M directed to greater development of Corridors operating primarily over publicly owned predominately passenger ROW's.

But yet they hang on with their "connect the dots' charades that I for one find meaningless, even though I'm sure there are some who can find relevance for such in the 21st Century.

The advocacy groups should be directed towards ensuring that taxpayers receive greatest value for the funds they choose to allocate to rail passenger service; NARP and the other advocacy groups appear to be working counter to that goal by pressing forth with their contention that somehow a case can be made that the LD trains are worthy of continued subsidy from both the Federal trough and by the Class I industry.

Much as you and the majority here, including myself, enjoy riding LD trains (albeit in most part from the other side of the Diner than yourself), it is time to recognize that their time of providing meaningful transportation to the population at large expired during the "mid 50's'; had Amtrak not come along, or the roads simply said "thanks but no thanks', as I dare say many a contemporary railroad manager would have preferred to be the case, the party would have largely been over after the five-year "Moratorium" on train-offs under RPSA '70 expired and definitely would have been over when Staggers was implemented during 1980.

Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
We've covered this ground before, but I will state again that I think it is folly not to have some sort of ground based national transportation system other than drive yourself down the interstate. The slow implosion of the airline industry should clue us in that long distance flights aren't the be-all-end-all system it was a few years ago, and rising fuel costs are going to permanently alter the face of the least fuel efficient mode of transportation in the long term.

If America's long distance passenger rail technology wasn't stuck in the 1950s the airlines would have some real competition for all except the longest transcontinental or overseas trips, and passengers would have some real choices. That is what NARP is all about. While I don't necessarily agree with everything they do, or sometimes fail to do, I'm not ashamed in any way to be a member.

amtraxmaniac
Member # 2251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtraxmaniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lack of vision, not lack of demand is what's killing the NATIONAL rail picture.

--------------------
Patrick

Posts: 387 | From: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
As of now, they are accepting reservations on the website for April 15 on #14. The KFS-LAX leg is numbered 11/14. The bus from KFS to EUG is 6811/6814, and the stub train EUG to SEA is 1011/1014.
Hoop
Member # 4607

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by amtraxmaniac:
Lack of vision, not lack of demand is what's killing the NATIONAL rail picture.

Well said!
Posts: 54 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
As of a few moments ago, #14(15) arrived Dunsmuir some 90ML (ML is official Amtrakese for "minutes late'), but is estimated at Kalamath Falls only 30ML.
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Amtrak:
train 14(15) arrived KFS at 9:05am, 50 minutes late after leaving Sacramento at 1:25am, 1 hour 26 minutes late.

Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4021North
Member # 4081

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4021North     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would call it a lack of political power to implement NARP's vision.
Posts: 144 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
It appears the SB re-inaugural run faired better as according to the website, #11(16) arrived Sacramento some 20 minutes early.
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starlight is still doing very well, timely or early with the small bus bridge. I spoke to AGR Select today. They think my one ticket will be all I need, I doubt that. Bruce suggested I call back on May 5th regarding my May 8th departure if I haven't heard from Amtrak by then. There is always the hope that the train will be going all the way by then. At any rate, we are taking it.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mesaman
Member # 6720

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mesaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vicki

I am taking the Starlight to Seattle on Saturday, May 4. I just got a call from Amtrak advising me that I would have to exchange my ticket for 3 new ones, i.e. one for each leg of the trip. You can still hope that the Starlight will go all the way through by the time of your trip.

Posts: 8 | From: Mesa, AZ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info, it is as I suspected. Are you to send your ticket back for exchange or do so at the station on the day you board?

--------------------

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vicki.....sorry you're getting the wrong info from AGR. It's funny how oftentimes us veteran AmTravelers know more about the system than they do.

For what it's worth, a rumor that I'm hearing about the Coast Starlight running all the way through from LAX to Seattle with no bus bridge is May 15th. This is only a rumor at this point, from internals at Union Pacific. Nothing is confirmed or guaranteed, but I've gotten this from a few different sources now. However, I have never heard anyone talk about the Starlight running through before that date---so I think on your trip it will be a bus bridge. I don't think the bus trip will be too bad. It's fairly short, and you can look at it from the viewpoint of being a new adventure! [Smile]

By the way, for those who have not seen it, if you go to the home page of TrainWeb.com, you will see a featured story by Jonathan Ortiz on the recent Guenzler Million Mile Trip Part Two. If you scroll down a little in his report, you will see exterior AND interior photos of a newly refurbished Parlour Car. It is unit # 39973, and was attached to the rear of train #3 on it's way to LAX from Beech Grove, Indiana.

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Mr. Smith, May 6 still remains as the first day the website is accepting reservations for an LA to Seattle TRAIN ride on 14(6).
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Care to wager a friendly bet? [Smile]
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amtraxmaniac
Member # 2251

I'd put my money on 5/15. LOL. My experience is that the host railroad knows more than Amtrak.
Hoop
Member # 4607

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I'm scheduled on #14 LAX-PDX on May 10th!
Posts: 54 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mesaman
Member # 6720

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mesaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vicki
I was told that I would have to exchange the ticket at the station before boarding. However, I was told that if I did not have time to make the exchange before boarding the conductor would be advised of that fact and would then make the exchange on board.

Another interesting point, I was told that I was entitled to an $80.00 refund which would be given to me when I exchanged the ticket. I just received an e-mail showing the new ticketing information. The total ticket price shown on that e-mail is $116.00 less than I paid for my tickets. I wonder who is getting the $36.00 difference?

Posts: 8 | From: Mesa, AZ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
I bet the $80 refund is for the two diner meals you miss on the north end. The $36? Who knows?
I guess we will have to get to LAX early, could be a lot of people making these ticket exchanges. My return trip is on the 17th, maybe that will be all train.

--------------------

Jarrod
Member # 4318

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jarrod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hoop:
And I'm scheduled on #14 LAX-PDX on May 10th!

Me too... Amtrak is being very mysterious even about the relaunch on May 10. Don't understand why they wouldn't - considering the Parlour Cars seem to be ready now.
Posts: 82 | From: San Lorenzo, CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are currently scheduled for a BR on the CS on July 7 LAX-SEA, and we have not heard anything different yet. However, I told my wife about the mudslide and the service disruption, and she will be perfectly happy to ride the CS overnight in our BR to KFS, then take the bus bridge to Eugene to catch the "north end" of the CS --

I am just wondering -- if they do "annul" the CS for an extended period of time, I wonder if the "Eugene to Seattle" portion of the truncated train will stay on as an additional Cascade Service frequency.

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
What is "BR"? Never heard that term before.

And just to clarify, the Coast Starlight is not annulled in any location. There is a temporary suspension of service (with a bus bridge) between Klamath Falls, Oregon and Eugene, Oregon. The annulment of the Starlight ended back at the end of January or beginning of February (I think I've got that time frame correct).

The train that is currently running between Eugene and Seattle is still called the Coast Starlight. The train numbers are 1011 and 1014. The consist is one locomotive, 3 Superliner coaches, and one Superliner Sightseer Lounge. There are no sleeping cars, no diner, and no Pacific Parlour Car.

If I were to take a guess (and I will), I think the full route of the Coast Starlight will be resumed within a few weeks. I would be surprised if it lasts any longer than that.

notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that BR means -

BIG RIDE!

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In that case, I'm currently in the middle of my BF **and** my BR! [Smile]

BF would be big flight, as I'm currently sitting at the gate at Oakland Airport waiting for a flight to LAX. My BR is something kinda cool that I get to do today: Ride in the private railcar "Virginia City" on the back of train #14 (Coast Starlight) from LAX to Oakland (California). I saw a last-minute ad on Tuesday to do this for $150, so I said what the heck! But waking up at 3:15 this morning to get here to the airport on time was a little rough. But it will be worth it for the open-air ride on the rear platform this afternoon along the coast. If anyone along the route (SBA or SLO?) wants to see a neat PV on today's #14, stop by and say hi! I'll be the guy wearing the black Dale Earnhardt Jr NASCAR t-shirt.

HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Have a great time Smitty. Sounds like fun.
I vote for BR being "bedroom".
Check out the ticket office at LAX for me, tell me if it is a zoo prior to the CS departure.
Hopefully Frank in SBA will come down and see you. But then, we have tried to see each other at least three times and it has yet to happen.

--------------------

Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Mr. Mesa, your refund likely arises on account of that you will not have your Sleeping Car space North of Kalamath Falls.

If Amtrak cannot offer an accommodation in which a passenger has paid for, then a refund is in order, as Amtrak has failed to complete the transportation contract. However, if a contract has been completed yet the passenger has a legitimate service complaint (they are reviewed on a case by case basis, and not the blanket award of travel vouchers as in the recent past) and Amtrak chooes to award "goodwill", that usually takes the form of free future transportation.

sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smitty--

I just saw your post. I would have been down there just to prove to Miss Vicki that I do exist! I will be at the station this afternoon to pick up Gibg who is spending a couple of days here.

And next Friday we'll be headed to SAN to board the Ryndam on Saturday.

Frank in gorgeously sunny SBA

PS. Vicki--Keep me posted on your plan for the CS trip. What is the date again?

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Frank - northbound on May 8th, south from Seattle on May 17th. Will you be back on the 18th?

--------------------

smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Darn--missed you guys! Oh well....next time.

The food is GREAT on these PV's. Whoooh!

sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vicki--

We'll be headed north from BUR on the afternoon of the 8th but should be here on the 18th.

Gibg made it just fine to SBA on a pretty close to ontime Surfliner. We'll put him on the SB train Saturday morning.

Smitty--

"The food is GREAT"? Tell us more!

Frank in dark and cool SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Well, here was today's menu:

Breakfast:

Coffee
Orange-Mango juice
Cinnamon walnut pastry (incredible--never had any coffee pasty so good)
This was more of a continental breakfast since the train didn't depart until 10:15AM. Most of us had eaten anyway, but I somehow found room for "breakfast part 2".

Lunch:

A huge salad with big slices of boneless chicken
Pizza on focaccia bread
Garlic bread
For dessert, two homemade chocolate chip cookies that made a sandwich with ice cream in the middle

Light dinner:

Salad
I have no idea what they were called (and I've never had anything like them before), but it was dates and water chestnuts wrapped by smoked bacon---served hot. It sounds odd, but they were great!
For dessert, freshly baked and warm oatmeal-raisin cookies and white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies

Throughout the day there were 7 or 8 different dishes of snacks, and an open/unlimited bar.

The only way to travel! Too bad they didn't offer the former Amtrak special of Chicken Fried Steak. (JUST KIDDING!!!!!!)

RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vicki gets the prize!!!!! In my recent post, yes, "BR" means "bedroom." Sorry if I confused anyone.........

Smitty -- I hope you are right about full service resuming on the CS (Coast Starlight) "in a few weeks." However, someone posted something here a few weeks ago that they had heard from someone (UP? AMTRAK? Another rail forum?) that the mudslide won't be completely fixed and the line won't be re-opened until at least mid-August.

But I know -- rumors arise from many different sources, and some or all of them may or may not be true......

And I know it is very very VERY unlikely for the CS at this time -- but let's not forget what happened to the "Sunset East" after Katrina (another natural disaster).......

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
azrailer
Member # 2429

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for azrailer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told this morning by Amtrak that the Parlor cars were put back in service when the bedrooms were added back to the CS to KF. Does any one know this to be true? We are scheduled to Tacoma the 10th and don't mind the bus bridge if that happens but sure want the Parlor car to Klamath Falls
Posts: 11 | From: Scottsdale AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amtraxmaniac
Member # 2251

Don't be bashing on Chicken Fried Steak buddy? LOL. Nothing's better than CFS, mashed potatoes and some green beans! I would buy it special or not! LOL

--------------------
Patrick

smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by azrailer:
I was told this morning by Amtrak that the Parlor cars were put back in service when the bedrooms were added back to the CS to KF. Does any one know this to be true? We are scheduled to Tacoma the 10th and don't mind the bus bridge if that happens but sure want the Parlor car to Klamath Falls

As usual, the person at Amtrak who told you this has no clue what they're talking about! Amtrak, Amtrak, Amtrak.....I almost don't know what to say any more.

Regarding the Parlour Cars, NO, they are not back on the Coast Starlight yet. When the full train was put together again (sleepers and diner) from LAX to KFS, the Parlours were not put back on. Why??? Simple---they have not been anywhere near Los Angeles! they've been in Beech Grove, Indiana. Right now there is ONE Parlour Car in Los Angeles (39973). This car is not in service yet. The second refurbished Parlour Car has just been released from Beech Grove, and will be heading to Los Angeles shortly. A third will be released in a few days. That's three down, two to go.....I'm getting excited as the re-launch gets closer and closer.

And here is the latest from the rumor-mill department: The Coast Starlight MAY be running the full route from LAX to SEA as soon as May 2nd. No---this is NOT the relaunch yet. I'm just talking about the restoration of the entire route, with no bus bridge in place (You hear this, Vicki?) [Smile]

The Parlours won't be on the choo-choo in regular service until the relaunch. At least, that's my understanding. I don't know when the relaunch will happen. According to two Coast Starlight customer service managers that I spoke to yesterday in Los Angeles, they don't have ANYTHING firmed up for the relaunch yet. Maybe in a few weeks, maybe June, maybe July....that's what I was told.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page